Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Corvette Chartreuse (Read 2411 times)
May 21st, 2002 at 8:31pm
L48Shark   Ex Member

Does anyone know the backstory on the lone chartreuse '77 Corvette? I have always wondered since I learned of its existence in the Black Book. Must have been ugly as Hell, but I am really curious about why it was painted that color, for who, etc. Anyone? ???

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2002 at 10:34pm
moskovita   Ex Member

I've looked around with the search engines this morning and couldn't find much other that the color discription? ???

I will look some more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2002 at 10:35pm by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2002 at 9:24am
moskovita   Ex Member

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know the history behind this one and only? Does it still survive? Has anyone heard any stories about it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This question was also asked over at;
"corvetteforum.com"
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeroforum?id=3

I spent an hour on my 15 different advance search engines and could only find it listed in several Corvette Specifications links. 

It is the best I can do right now... Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2002 at 10:48pm
Vetterodder   Ex Member

Purely speculation on my part but I don't think it would have been assigned a code if they hadn't planned to produce it in some quantity.  Ford and Chrysler had produced some pretty wild colored cars previously and I suspect that GM figured they needed to also.  By the time production for the model year arrived, the "fad" was over and the option was withdrawn.  IMO, it was just as well Smiley.

One thing that I find interesting about this is that there was a  much higher volume of GM copo cars getting panted "weird" colors than there were of one that had been assigned a paint code.  Ever see one of those orange Caddies they did for that liquour co?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2002 at 10:02am
orangevett1   Ex Member

years ago i remember seeing one in wichita ks, it caught your eye as it was a brite green. but that was the only one i remember ever seeing.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2002 at 11:04am
Chuck77   Ex Member

The last time I saw it Binnie had it. Wink  Grin Chuck

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2002 at 4:15pm
Binnie77   Ex Member

Chuck...After 25 years you get tired of that same old Chartreuse color  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2003 at 7:29pm
RCDriveryo   Ex Member

I saw a bright green corvette drive past my school last week when I was looking out the window day dreaming.  Maybe it was it.  ???

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 11:51am

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

OK its been 15 years has anybody seen this chartreuse '77 Corvette? could it be missing and hiding in a barn?
Just wondering
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 8:55am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

WOW! That is an old post!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 4:05pm

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Scott Sometimes you need to dig deep to get answers
Mike

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.