Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Let's see your motors...> (Read 51190 times)
Reply #90 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 11:16am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

First you need someone strong to set it back in after it's all clean
When it's all done
Alan Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2009 at 11:17am by 68-73 »  
IP Logged

Reply #91 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 11:50am
blue 77   Ex Member

Alan, after you find someone like that  Shocked to set it back in, how do you keep it looking like that way and still drive the car weekly?

Dale
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2009 at 11:51am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #92 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 12:41pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Well I could tell you my wife cleans it , but that would be a lie. Roll Eyes When I first did the engine in 2003 I cleaned up the engine compartment..then again in 2008 & this time better. All I do is wipe it down every once in awhile, but I do have a lift so I can get under neat easily too. It looks cleaner in the pictures I think, but you can touch anything in there & not get your fingers dirty. All my cars have clean engines & I have pressure washed a few in my time. I don't like working on dirty Angry engines. Jack (either one) should pipe in here he's the detailer Cheesy
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #93 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 2:03pm
autoist   Ex Member

Am I the only one installing a TPI engine into my C3?

I would post a photo except I'm in the process of disassembling it.  But, I would like to see some others' work.

IP Logged

Reply #94 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 8:29am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73 wrote on Oct 30th, 2009 at 12:41pm:
Well I could tell you my wife cleans it , but that would be a lie. Roll Eyes When I first did the engine in 2003 I cleaned up the engine compartment..then again in 2008 & this time better. All I do is wipe it down every once in awhile, but I do have a lift so I can get under neat easily too. It looks cleaner in the pictures I think, but you can touch anything in there & not get your fingers dirty. All my cars have clean engines & I have pressure washed a few in my time. I don't like working on dirty Angry engines. Jack (either one) should pipe in here he's the detailer Cheesy
Alan Smiley

The secret is to keep it clean on a regular basis. For me was once a week. Pretty easy if you do it that way. I've seen Alan's engines in person.... you can eat off those motors.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2009 at 8:30am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #95 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:35am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

My shiny stuff is mostly polished aluminum,& I've found that no matter what I've done I get "stains" on it that wont come off easily.I used Zoopseal on my manifold & valve covers,& they still arent as shiny as I'd like.Would removing parts,having them buffed and clearcoated help?

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #96 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 7:15pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #97 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 10:52pm
sahaus   Ex Member

Ok I figgured this out somewhat so here is some of the photobucket pictures I posted a link to earlier!

Still need to detail it up a bit. Now the next really hard decision is Sidepipes or leave the Straight pipes on... My dad says pipes.... here is a teaser photo from the seller  Roll Eyes

I know I will take better pictures after she is cleaned up!

Steven

IP Logged

Reply #98 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 5:43am
blue 77   Ex Member

AWESOME!!! Shocked  Clean and chromed. Cheesy  Can't beat that. Wink  Good luck with the new vette, Steven.  Glad it all worked out so well for you.

I vote for sidepipes  Wink but I think everything should have sidepipes. Grin Grin

Dale
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2010 at 5:45am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #99 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 10:24am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Steven
Awesome looking engine and great looking car.  We got to see some interior pictures too.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #100 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 10:51am
sahaus   Ex Member

wnmech wrote on Sep 4th, 2010 at 10:24am:
Steven
Awesome looking engine and great looking car.We got to see some interior pictures too.
Rick 

Going to do some interior work right now.... shoulders are punding from just the washing and the 8 /yo is waiting for her ride LOL. Street dance tonight in my hometown so the wife wants it cleaned so we can take it there. I told her the only way I would take the top off is if she did  Shocked Shocked Grin

I got the answer.... Ya Right. Well back to work on the interior a bit, just minor clean up and stuffs.

Steven

IP Logged

Reply #101 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 4:40pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Steven, now you need to update your signature. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #102 - Sep 5th, 2010 at 10:48pm
sahaus   Ex Member

Quote:
Steven, now you need to update your signature.

Dale 

Done but need to get a picture of Bethani driving the new one, or maybe I will leave the one in the middle for old time sake

Steven

IP Logged

Reply #103 - Sep 6th, 2010 at 8:26am
blue 77   Ex Member

Quote:
maybe I will leave the one in the middle for old time sake

Steven, that seems like a really good idea.  Both for you and Bethani. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #104 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 1:12pm
revsvette   Ex Member

Below are pictures of the TPI on my 77'.  The air intake was nearly impossible to run.  Thus the white pvc 3" pipe making the "u-turn" (which now painted black and looks much better) and the 3" metal clothes dryer exhaust tubing, which runs over the driver's side of the engine, down into the space behind the wheel well, where there is a K&N air filter attached.  We extended all the wires on the Painless Wiring system, so that the computer could be placed in the rear area behind the driver's seat.  The engine is not the original engine, but it is a four bolt main, bored 60 over, with a mild cam, roller rockers.  The aluminum rad keeps it cool on the hotest Fl. days.   Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.