Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

"Tech Tip of the Month" (Read 1841 times)
Dec 7th, 2002 at 7:40pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

:idea:We are going to start a
"Tech Tip of the Month"
in this section. The six Forum staffers, :indian_chief: :stooge_curly: :cowboy: :stooge_moe: :crazy: and :wizard: will pick out the top tip of the month in this section to post it as a monthly winner!
Newsletter
:idea:

Any tips you may have that is Corvette related, post in this section! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2003 at 8:58am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 4:56am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I have a 68 conv with a new 454HO with stock headers & after market air conditioning. I've redone all the insulation in the interior and the car still is hot inside. These engines just produce alot of heat. I installed two SPAL 6.5 pull  fans which move 330cuft per min right behind each front wheel facing down drawing the air out of the engine compartment. Had to make minor cuts,  but the difference in made is very noticeable. It's only been 80 degrees here in Delaware so far, but I haven't needed the air yet & no heat build up inside. The engine runs cooler also. Showed my neighbor who has a stroker camero with headers.. he's looking for a place to put the fans now. Found the fans at japcorptech.com. If you would like any more info you can e-mail me and I can provide pictures of placement etc.
Alan

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 6:47am
rjones   Ex Member

Hi Knotacare...

SadI tried to visit your website of japcorptech.com for the fans but was told that the page could not be displayed.  Roll EyesIs this the correct site name? I am really interested in this. also,
I would like to see those pics.

Regards   :cheers:
Robert J.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 7:33am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Sorry about that it's jaycorptech.com. I'll try and take some pic's today and will forward.
Alan

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2003 at 5:46pm
Bakdok   Ex Member

??? Alan,
Do you know if there's any differences between the layout under your hood (besides that giant rat motor) and my '77 383 Stroker? i.e., do you think I'd have a problem mounting 'em in mine?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marc.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2003 at 4:13am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I know my car very well , but as for other years I'm not sure, but you should have more room than me as the C3 vettes are all almost the same. I'll take pictures today from the top & bottom and will e-mail to you or anyone that wants them. I only had room for 6.5" fans, but you should make a template out of cardboard and if you can go abit bigger go for it. I also made put a piece of sheet metal in the wheel well behind the tire to keep  stone etc from damaging the fans ... will enclose pic's of the also.  Good luck
Alan

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:03am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I've have people ask me about these fan so I'll make it a sticky here
Looking down on the passenger side

Looking up on the drivers side

Looking up on the passenger side

Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.