Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

NEW catagory added! 4th generation C4's (Read 4010 times)
Jan 10th, 2007 at 12:54pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well, our moderators have voted to start this new catagory.
The C4's are all now over 10-23 years old and a few members like Scott (69shark) and now Frank (kryptonite) now own these and I'm planning a purchase of one soon for a daily driver and had one before.
This is a place to share some experiences and tell some stories, give tech advice, post pixs. There afterall, a few very special corvettes in this series, 1986 pace car/convertible, 1988 35th anniversary, 1993 40th anniversary and of course the ZR-1's.

Yes, this did start out as a 1977 only forum, expanded to C3 and recently C1-C2's.
After all these are CORVETTE's. ...

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 3:17pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

this could very well be a welcome addition to our ever  growing forum. i think the C-4's are currently where the rubber bumpered mid 70 sharks were, in that they are getting little respect and are suffering low resale values. this will soon change as it did for our late series sharks! i would like to extend a welcome to all C-4 owners to check in, while there are some very knowledgeable people on the forum in regards to the C-3's there maybe some help available to all you C-4 owners as well. you just never know where the answer might come from. and, this forum has some of the finest corvette entusiaist on the planet! so, sit back, tell us some stories. share some experiences and enjoy! we are all corvette, all the time!
..........................................chris  :cheers:
p.s. gee jack, your post sounds awfully familiar  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Yup, I expanded to what you said in the mod area:
This is a place to share some experiences and tell some stories, give tech advice, post pixs. There afterall, a few very special corvettes in this series, 1986 pace car/convertible, 1988 35th anniversary, 1993 40th anniversary and of course the ZR-1's.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2007 at 3:38pm by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 5:08pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I think It'll be great! Some of us outcasts that can't afford a 77 and are stuck with the C4 will now have a place to go and hide while the rest of you talk about us!   Lips Sealed

Welcome everyone!
We don't have all the answers though! We do learn quickly though and are more than happy to share our knowledge!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 6:02pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Those of you that visit other forums, tell them that we now have a C4 area Grin

BTW, I really enjoyed the 87 when I had it for 3 years.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2007 at 7:07am
fak   Ex Member

I to have a C4 i bought new in 1993.It is a torch red 6 speed with under 15000 miles. Love the car and because of the low prices i am looking for a roadster but must be one owner and excellent condition. So on with the show .SAVE THE WAVE

Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2007 at 8:35pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

hey fak,
you got any photos? i like the later C-4's and even test drove two examples a 1987 coupe and a 1993 ruby red anniversary edition ZR-1 the latter was a super car but a wee bit out of my budget at the time. and, if i was going to buy a C-4 it would have to be a 1995 or 1996 simply because of the redesigned seat bolsters that allowed a bigger guy like me a more comfortable seat back. still, i think the C-4's are suffering the same fate as our mid-late 70's sharks did for a while. i think the series once they started racing and got back to some corvette heritage, (ZR-1, LT-1 ect.) the performance started taking off and interest was generated again with the corvette enthusiaists. these cars are worthy of attention.
....................................chris  :cheers:

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2007 at 8:30am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Quote:
these cars are worthy of attention.

You bet they are! you can get a very nice and reasonable C4 for under ten grand! OR you can get a rough Honda! Go figure!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2007 at 8:37am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Boy you guys got me thinking...I meet a construction worker at a motel on the way back from bowling green last yr & he had a early 90's C-4 &  said he really enjoyed driving it  as it handled so much better than the C-3's. Now I just gotta convience my wife why I need another vet Grin

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2007 at 6:09pm
fak   Ex Member

When i ordered my C4 i ordered the base seats.The sport seats were to tight for my buns.As far as handling my 77 is like a go kart. my 93 has fx4 but for the additional 1700 dollars i dont think it was worth it.I was tempted to order the ZO7 but the ride for the old lady was important to.Getting back to the seats in 93 when i drove the 93 to carisle corvette changed to leer as there manufacture. I was asked at Carisle to sit in the new seat in the early production seats.I told the enginers from corvette the sucked and later i llearned they were recalled by GM. So those early 94 seats have very little padding but were wider..GM was heading in the right direction. I beleive the 96 vette is the best out there all the bugs are out. Whats ironic in 1995 at carisle  Kerbeck couldnot give away a grand sport. Everbody was waiting for the C5.I will come up with some pictures of my torch red 93 soon. SAVE THE WAVE

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 1:13pm
Jerrylee   Ex Member

Welcome aboard to all my C-4 brothers...Jerrylee///

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 2:45pm
bobsbBlBobue77   Ex Member

thanks for adding c-4s to the forum I recently sold my blue 77 and recently bought a 91 with 9k miles ncrs top flight car. I love the  refinements to the c-4 but miss the simplicity of the c-3 . I look forward to more articles on the c-4 ..Bob in Port st Lucie Florida

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.