Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Warning! Companies NOT to deal with! (Read 16738 times)
Apr 15th, 2007 at 11:24am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

I'm going to start this post to list companies that have a poor record, service, communications and don't do as promised etc. If you know of one, please post here as this will help other members.

Vanacor is one.
http://vanacorvette.com/
Poor service, products and communication!
Jon (Maximus79) will back me up here!

Another company with poor customer service is:
http://www.hedman.com/
See the complaints about them here:
http://www.1-4u-computer-graphics.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Topics;action=...

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2007 at 9:07am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 1:25pm
fak   Ex Member

Watch muskegeon they send leaf springs without bands. They sell a lot of china made parts. I will never buy again there.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 7:38pm
fuely   Ex Member

I had trouble  with Al Knoch interiors, I ordered cut & loop carpet   ..they sent me the fuzzy stuff.   .. plush low cut..  I sent it back   :.. they wouldnt give me money back for the shipping  (It was their fault)  Ended up filing a protest with Citibank..    (Reverse the charges) Took me about 4 months to get it straightened out !!   Im done with them for good !!!   :  Got carpet from Ecklers ,  the way I wanted it !!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2008 at 6:22am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 2:27pm
Corvette Engineeri   Ex Member

I disagree on Vanacor.
I bought my L88 hood from them. No issues, nice hood.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 5:09pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Maybe they finally got their act together? They sure screwed Jack & I around.After we sent the 2 hoods back we ordered together...2 different styles...because they were so damn rippled & not straight, it would've been VERY expensive to fix,they did take the hoods back.But they charged me DOUBLE the shipping costs back than it did to get them-with the exact same carrier,on the reverse route 7 days later.Then, they said they wouldnt charge me the 20% restocking fee if what Jack,myself,& the bodyshop said was correct. They charged us the 20% restocking fee!

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 11:23am
Corvette Engineeri   Ex Member

When I ordered mine the lady who was the owner said it's really hard to find and keep good fiberglass people. Maybe I got lucky...

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:44pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Maximus79 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 5:09pm:
Maybe they finally got their act together? They sure screwed Jack & I around.After we sent the 2 hoods back we ordered together...2 different styles...because they were so damn rippled & not straight, it would've been VERY expensive to fix,they did take the hoods back.But they charged me DOUBLE the shipping costs back than it did to get them-with the exact same carrier,on the reverse route 7 days later.Then, they said they wouldnt charge me the 20% restocking fee if what Jack,myself,& the bodyshop said was correct. They charged us the 20% restocking fee!

Yep, I sure won't deal with them again after that. It wasn't just the quality of the hoods, but the service afterward and the way they went about doing business. I got my current stinger hood from Eklers and they get them from http://www.acivette.com/ who supplies a lot of other catalogs their fiberglass parts. I'm extremely happy with my hood.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:50pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

yellowjacket wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:44pm:
Maximus79 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 5:09pm:

Yep, I sure won't deal with them again after that. It wasn't just the quality of the hoods, but the service afterward and the way they went about doing business. I got my current stinger hood from Eklers and they get them from http://www.acivette.com/ who supplies a lot of other catalogs their fiberglass parts. I'm extremely happy with my hood.
ACI suppplied my current  hood directly,& my body & paint guy said its one of the straightest looking vette hoods he ever saw
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:51pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 11:11pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Maximus79 wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:50pm:
ACI suppplied my current  hood directly,& my body & paint guy said its one of the straightest looking vette hoods he ever saw

I got my hood from Ecklers and they get their hoods direct from ACI good company. I'm trying to get their banner on here.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 6:57am

jetmender   Offline
Top Gun Member
We have a 2002 "vette"
as well as two 1977s
Daytona Beach Florida

I have met one of  the managers for Ecklers several times so I will put in a good word for you next time I see her.  Cool

We deal with them directly as they are one of the sponsers of our Corvette show.  I have bought a lot of stuff from them and had good luck with all of it .  So far.    Cheesy

Bob
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2009 at 6:58am by jetmender »  

Robert & Diane's 77 & 02 Corvette
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 5:01am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

jetmender wrote on Mar 3rd, 2009 at 6:57am:
I have met one of  the managers for Ecklers several times so I will put in a good word for you next time I see her.  Cool

We deal with them directly as they are one of the sponsers of our Corvette show.  I have bought a lot of stuff from them and had good luck with all of it .  So far.    Cheesy

Bob

We have Ecklers banner now, in fact we have most of the big name Corvette venders up there now. It is ACI that I would like to get up there.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 7:25am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Just noticed you got Speed Direct.Arent they the ones offering power rack & pinion for C3's? There is also VB&P, and a couple others.Who has the best unit for our cars? And does Speed Direct & VB&P offer discounts for our Forum members?  I cant do it now,but would like to switch some time

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2009 at 3:50pm
The13Bats   Ex Member

I heard vanacors was defunct, I wanted to score their weird version of the Corvette summer hood, just for the scoop , anyone have one?

IP Logged

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2009 at 7:16pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Quote:
I heard vanacors was defunct, I wanted to score their weird version of the Corvette summer hood, just for the scoop , anyone have one?

A scoop version of the "corvette summer" hood? Never heard of that! Does it maybe resemble my hood?  ...
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2009 at 7:19pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2009 at 8:42pm
The13Bats   Ex Member

You ever had a post all written and then the comp acts nasty and freezes up?
Well that just happened,
Anyway after being pissed for a few I am back,

The Vanacors so called Corvette summer scoop looked very little like the scoop on the movie car or the scoop on your car which looks better to me,

The Vanacors is like a stock 80 hood with two rows of scoops, this is all I have for pictures I would love to see better pics.

Your scoop is a weird deja vu for me, it is like what Ecklers sold as a "Daytona" hood but different, the Ecklers had built in vents where you have the smaller square holes cut,

The only other time I have seen a scoop just like yours is in my Partners shop,
He says it came from a Greenwood car that was wrecked,
It is like a raised 80 scoop with the wider parts in the rear like yours when Mike makes one the sides are solid then the owner decides how to cut them or leave then solid or whatever, yea, he still has the mold.

about 10 years ago we put just the scoop part on my custom 66 vette, we installed vents from a ski boat in the sides, looked real trick.

where did your hood come from?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.