Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Warning! Companies NOT to deal with! (Read 16814 times)
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2009 at 11:11pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

If you read a few posts up,Jack mentions ACI.Thats who I got it from.They supply dealers like Ecklers,as well.I didnt realize it when i got it,but its obviously from a Greenwood corvette design.   http://www.acivette.com/  --On the C3 Fiberglass '68 - '82 Hoods page,its the 3rd pic down.Mines a hi-rise vented one
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2009 at 11:12pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #16 - May 26th, 2009 at 9:03am
The13Bats   Ex Member

I missed the ACI part sorry, but as you see I knew it was the Greenwood,
According to Mike who has worked with Greenwood, what they did was raise the 80 style scoop then used 2x4's to make the wide part in the rear and pulled a mold from that mock up and you have the hood like on your car,
Ecklers "Daytona" hood was just their version of the Greenwood part
Mike has a mold if anyone whats the hood or even just the scoop

IP Logged

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2009 at 9:25am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Greenwood-> ...

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #18 - May 26th, 2009 at 9:43am
The13Bats   Ex Member

You know what's odd, that black Daytona car has the GTO front plate which is the name of several Greenwood kits but the nose appears to be Ecklers version of the Greenwood Daytona, see the removable center piece and no ducts, it's on a different angle too,
Here is the Greenwood piece,

We happen to have the entire set up for the Greenwood Daytona Widebody if someone wants to get really wild,

Here is the car I built a while back, I used all Ecklers junk,

We also have a mold for that picnic table rear wing in the street version as seen on my car,

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 7:12pm
fuely   Ex Member

WARNING  WARNING !!!   I sold my Corvette, But whatever you do , Do not  get chrome bumpers from Bumper Boys out of Calif , I  got screwed ,ripped off , Their lousy pieces of crap bumpers are junk, poor chroming, rust peeling, I have a 63 Thunderbird and went thru hell with these low life Dirtbags ! They eliminate 1 process in their chroming, they chrome right over rust, I got  the second bumper from them, under their so called warranty , only to get it home and discovered they cut off 1 of the mounting brackets , I didn't catch it at first,they stuck me with a surprise when it was at the shop being installed !!!  I files a suit with my credit card company and my charge was reversed, only to find  out  that  citi-bank sided with them and debited me  ! I was told to take the bumper off the car and drive 2 hours to Englishtown NJ and they would give me another bumper (The 3rd) !!   I had had enough of their crap, I spoke to many other people who got ripped off by these  jerks !  One guy had the bumper in the box ,for 1 year ,and it was rusted in the box.  They said,  Oh Its out of warranty  !!  They wouldn't help him !  They even had the balls to tell me .. Oh , The Mexicans were drunk  that day when they re-chromed  my bumper !!
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2010 at 7:14pm by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 5:38am
blue 77   Ex Member

fuely, that sounds like a huge diaster. Angry  I truly can not understand how companies can do business that way and continue to stay in business. Shocked  It is so sad your credit card company sided with them in an obvious fraudulent transaction. Sad  I do not foresee that I would ever need their service, but THANKS for the WARNING regardless. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 6:19am
fuely   Ex Member

I learned my lesson, I should have gotten the bumper from Pauls Chroming in Pa. ,It was more money .better chrome, There are lots of professional chrome platers out there! Just taking the bumper on off 3 times with all that extra labor,I could have bought another Corvette !

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 11:36am
POPA   Ex Member

I recently purchased a set of tires online from
tires-easy.com
  for my 1972 Corvette. I noticed after the tires were installed that date codes were 0304 ,0304 ,3706 and 1706. I never knew you needed to check. Anyway,  I believe this decodes to a manufacture date of 2004 and 2006. 5 and 7 year old tires? WTF? Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 4:28pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Quote:
I recently purchased a set of tires online from
tires-easy.com
  for my 1972 Corvette. I noticed after the tires were installed that date codes were 0304 ,0304 ,3706 and 1706. I never knew you needed to check. Anyway,  I believe this decodes to a manufacture date of 2004 and 2006. 5 and 7 year old tires? WTF? Embarrassed

Popa,Ive heard of "discount places" that do this.They sell tires cheap because they may be new,but very old Rubber does detiorate

...... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.