Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 30
INTRODUCE YOURSELF! (Read 64023 times)
Sep 17th, 2007 at 10:59am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Hey all you new members and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! Drop a note here and say HELLO!
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride! Pictures would be great to! Well, of your car anyway!  Lips Sealed

I'm not new but I'll start!

I'm Scott AKA 69Shark
My wife and I have two vettes. A 69 vert and an 88 Coupe. Both red! We also had a red 79 at one point but it has since been sold. We love our vettes and drive them regularly. We participate in a few cruisins and a few few shows each year.
I've been a moderator here on the forum for some time but I'm not sure what that means! Everyone here is so well behaved I have little to do but read and post!
Grin

Again, welcome and lets hear about you and your vette!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:51pm

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

OK I will go next. My wife and I, AKA annmike are corvette nuts. I just have one for now and she's a beauty and not talking about my wife.. As you could see from my post it's a 1977 code 66 orange 99 % original. Minus 1% for those consumables. I will say over the past 2 years I have met many frrom this forum. Had the pleaslure of meeting many fine and respectable freinds here. I attend the corvette show in July, with alot, Carlisle with a few, and cruised with the best. We also own my other toy a 2002 doge ram with a cummins desiel. She pushes over 360 hp and 600ft lbs trq when the programer is turned up.
We have been vette owners for 2 years. My wife had grown to love :smitten: the Corvette name while attending many of car shows and cruises with the desiel. One day she spotted this car and would not stop bugging me until it sat in our driveway. Now when we go she would rather sit and wave to everybody who say's "Cool Car".  
I would like to thank everybody for their assistance of this forum. Scott your correct what do I do as a moderator. Jack keeps control and we just follow along.
OK Who's next
Mike

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2007 at 10:17pm by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 6:50pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Let me be the next to jump in.  I'm Rick.  I also have a 77 corvette which is the same as mike 66 orange I stripped 3 layers of paint off of the car and finally got it back to original factory color.  I have owned my car for a little over 2 years.  It was and still in the restoration phase.  I envy Mike's orange 77 I fell in love with it in person at the show in July.
 I have twice got together with these guys.  They are like an extention of your family.  I have learned a lot from this forum.  Family oriented never any fighting.  I live in Texas Between Dallas and Fort Worth. I am an aircraft mechanic working on 737's originally from Pittsburgh and moved to Texas for employment. I also spent 8 and 1/2 years in the Army as a Huey crew chief and a Vietnam vetern. This is my second 77.  I had one before kids now kids are grown up so I am geting my toys back finally.  Now that we are 5000 strong this could be a record setting post if all jump in.  Anyway lets all jump in and enjoy this post.  Rick

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2007 at 10:19pm by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 4:46am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

First let me say I have enjoyed being a member of this forum from its inception. I was asked to be a moderator a few yrs ago & have since beem promoted to Admin ( I look for the bad guys). Jack & Mike have put together a great forum here. About me I'm a small business owner for 36 yrs & a vietnam vet. I've worked on cars all my life and was hammering nails at age 4. I do have a pretty good electronics background & there's not much I'm not interested in.  I bought my first & only vet 5 yrs ago & since then have replaced or repaired 95 % of the car. I drive it every chance I get & trailer it to places that are to far away. I recently purched a SS Trailblazer for my wife of 40 yrs (It has a vet engine in it) & now it looks like my son is gonna buy on next week. I have a rather large garage & it's open to any member of this forum. I have to say that I've come to know lots of great people on this forum. I consider them all very good friends. All questions will be answered here, and no question is to dumb to ask. No one knows everything & you never learn unless you ask. I've learned so much here & its been fun.
Alan :cheers: 

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 6:12am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well,
we are chris and kim (ve77er) i am primarily on here as a moderator and corvette nut! we own a nice yellow 1977 in stock factory trim and i try to keep it that way. i have been a member of this fine foirum since may of 2006! i have met so many great people because of this forum, there are few words one could come up with to describe the caliber of people here. i do my best to share some experiences, tell some stories, help out with some technical knowledge and basically just enjoy the camaraderie here. my better half stays in the background for the most part, but, i could not and would not be here without her support. like everyone else who has posted i am proud to be on here and associated with such an outstanding group of people!
....................................chris  :cheers:
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2007 at 6:19am by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 6:50am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! 4996 more posts to go!
Come on guys where are ya!

:cheers:
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 7:01am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! 4996 more posts to go!
Come on guys where are ya!

Scott

I thought this for for NEW members? Kiss Lips Sealed

Okay, ok... I started this forum over 5 years ago to find help working on yellowjacket as I was pretty much a novice on working on cars. I've owned a lot of nice cars before, but had always farmed out my work. This time around, I wanted to do my own work as much as I could anyway. To see the progress I've made in 10 years, click the link:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/fall.htm

I've met some terrific people on this forum that are my friends for life. I even flew back East from Seattle/Tacoma to meet some of them last year and this year. See these two links:
http://www.1-4u-computer-graphics.com/BG06.htm
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/DuPontShow7-14-07a.htm

The best thing I ever did was start this forum. Hang around here awhile and you will see why!

Now you new folks and lurkers... it is YOUR turn to tell us about your ride!

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 7:49am

Redwingvette   Offline
Top Gun Member
Red Vettes are the best
Waterford, Michigan

I joined this fine site and have had fun with a few of the guys including Jack at the NCM last fall.
I read the post at least a couple of times a day and have leaned a lot from them. Once in a while I even have tried to help others with projects that I have done.
My Red 73 started out Green but was changed two owners ago. Someday I have to find my wife a Blue 69 convertible, so she tells me, so she can have her own.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2007 at 10:18am by yellowjacket »  

Brian
73 Coupe, Performer RPM Heads & intake
Holley carb
Crane Cam, Roller rockers
BTO 200-4R trans, 3.55 gear
F-body seatbelts,
Magnaflow Exhaust.
NCM Lifetime Member
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565523
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 3:20pm
pete79   Ex Member

Hi everybody, my name is Pete and I own a powder blue/ marine blue L82 four speed. It has a rebuilt modified engine which should pump out 420 horses when once it is running  Grin, right now it is a garage queen and has been sat around for ten years whilst my kids grew up a bit but, now as I posted earlier, I am back working on it. I would love to post a piccie of it but do not know how to (advise apprecitated). So far in ten years I have driven this car 50 miles  Undecided so I reckon it has rested long enougth. When I bought the vette the engine had been tampered with (wrong heads etc) so that is why I went down the modified engine route.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 5:19pm

jetmender   Offline
Top Gun Member
We have a 2002 "vette"
as well as two 1977s
Daytona Beach Florida

My wife Diane and I have been members of the forum for about a year and a half.  I have met some great people here and obtained some VERY valuable information regarding Corvettes.  We own a 1977 as well as a 2002.  We drove them both up to Delaware or the forum/Ronald McDonald House show back in July.  It was a great trip and we enjoyed every minute of it.  The best part was seeing the kids get so much joy out of something that we all to get to play with everyday.  Also meeting some of the members of the forum and their families was a real treat.  I have yet to learn how to post pix directly on the forum, my wife calls me a "computer neandarthal".  We have several great pix from the Delaware show.  You can see them best on Jack's/Yellowjack post above. Welcome to all the new members to the group. I am sure you will find great folks and information here.

Robert

Two beautiful vetts    Alan
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2007 at 4:40am by 68-73 »  

Robert & Diane's 77 & 02 Corvette
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 5:19am
77GA-RED   Ex Member

It is one of those things you do so many years ago thinking this is just a lark that I find a web forum that happens to focus on the year of my Corvette. Then after like most folks of lurking and reading the post of some of the same problems I was experiencing I decided to ask a couple questions and low and behold I was getting more information on my car then all the other web sites, local car clubs and cruise-ins then I had visited in over a year. Wow! And the fact these guys were really easy to talk with and I never felt the guy's trying to talk over my head or with a load of arrogance.
Thru the years I have seen some friends come and go from this forum but besides buying my Shark this is a very close second best decision I have made in Corvetting.

I know Jack would rather have the Lurkers Posting but I'm just glad they have a need and a desire to read all the post and gather the information they need. This tells me we might have already answered your question and thats good but please post a couple times to let us know you did get the answer but that it also worked when you resolved your issue on your car. It helps us in knowing we are moving in the right direction.

Mike/Administrator -  :cheers:
OK - All beers on me this weekend. . . . Jack, you get water!

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 6:22am
Urmulley   Ex Member

Im Pat and my wife is Tammy.  Can't tell you how long I have been part of this Forum, but I can tell you that a mess of us met at "The Mother Land" (NCM) about a year ago and I have loved it ever sense.  I use to have two 77's, but I sold my wife's Red one to a buddy of mine that wouldn't leave me alone until I sold it to him.  So Tammy and I are down to the blue one.  I am from the old school of hard knocks.  I love to work on my Vette, but know NOTHING about them.  This is where the forum comes into play.  Just ask Alan (aka Big A), Brian, Binnie, Jack, Chris,  and so on, and so on.  If it wasn't from them, my car would still be up on jacks and not being used.  I thank all those forum members for getting me along this far with my Vette.
Pat
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2007 at 9:46am by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 8:05am
Bangkok_Dean   Ex Member

Hi my name is Dean and I have been sober for 63 years………………..oh sorry wrong forum.
By the way I have lived in Bangkok Thailand since 1985 and am an avid Harley rider. But I also have an 81 coupe that I helped build for a friend after he fell in love with my 81 coupe so when I recently sold my 81 two weeks ago I bought his. It is a carbon copy of mine with different colors and an automatic trans. The motor is a 350 with Edelbrock top end and cam. Now that I have a new 81 I am in the process of changing to a 5 speed trans, Comp cam and lifters and new stainless steel hooker side pipes. Plus a few other goodies that when finished I will post pictures; a little hint for you is Stainless.  :cheers:
New
Old
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2007 at 8:29am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 10:44am
gpas7t7   Ex Member

Hi all, Larry here, aka GPAS7T7 (Grandpa's 77)

I guess I am one of thoses "lurkers" I keep reading about.  I spent the 1st year reading everything I could on this forum, and spent the last year actually trying to answer a question or two.

I have found this forum to be most helpful and the folks here to be the friendlest aorund.  I have had the good fortune of meeting a few of the members and to a person have found them to be folks I really enjoyed spending time with.

This is the only forum I am a member of, and it is due to the fact that everyone here is so helpful whenever a question is asked.  Even if someone disagrees with someone eleses answer, there is never and bad mouthing or putting down of the other.  Thanks to all for that!!

Ok off my soap box now....  I am 55, married, 3 grown children and 4 grandchildren (including a set of identical twin boys).

I have owned my vette for 3 years.  It is a work in progress and I enjoy taking it on nice long drives.  It is a dark red with smoke interior, mostly stock, with the orginal engine and transmission.  I am in the process of doing my interior, new carpet, dying of all the interior pieces, and making everything work.
I work hard and try to play harder. I listen to country music, lean to the right, believe in God, and am thankful to live in the greatest country on the planet.

Ok, back to lurking....
Larry
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2007 at 9:44am by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Sep 23rd, 2007 at 9:41am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
Hi all, Larry here, aka GPAS7T7 (Grandpa's 77)

Ok off my soap box now....  I am 55, married, 3 grown children and 4 grandchildren (including a set of identical twin boys).

Ok, back to lurking....
Larry

Larry is one HAPPY Grandpa! And Blessed. Cheesy

I've met Larry a few times and it has been a great pleasure to spend time with him.

Also, there are several other members here that I can truely call Life Long Friends!

I know there are lots of  :Lurking:  here and do hope you'll join in on the fun and share your experiences with your ride. Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 30

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.