Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 
INTRODUCE YOURSELF! (Read 64999 times)
Reply #405 - May 27th, 2012 at 7:06am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Medara, California

Yellowjacket,
Thanks! I see that you live near Tacoma! I was stationed at Bremerton and Keyport years ago. I loved the weather but the wife did not. My daughter and husband live in Bremerton. I hope we get the vette going to drive up later this year to see them. Maybe able to stop and see ya!
.......Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #406 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 6:36am
JohnnyB   Ex Member

Hi ALL!
I'm thinking of buying my first Corvette, a 1975 T-Top, so I'm here hoiping you guys can steer me right. I've already read a ton of helpful information and I'm glad to see a dedicated C3 site.  I'm over here in NW Arkansas!

IP Logged

Reply #407 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 6:37am
JohnnyB   Ex Member

Forgot to say. If anyone is in my area, please drop me a line.

IP Logged

Reply #408 - Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:01am
blue 77   Ex Member

JohnnyB, welcome to the forum.  Glad you have already found a lot of useful information here.  The members are a wealth of knowledge and very willing to share.  C3's are beautiful cars and a ton of fun, but they are also getting very old. Sad  This forum should, however, be able to help anyone with anything they need for the C3's(except the money to fix and/or keep them running) Grin Grin Grin 

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Dale
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:05am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #409 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:54am
lucille55   Ex Member

i'm newand happy to say i just bought a low mile 77 red coupe L82 auto  excited as heck! learning alot fast.one of my interior roof panels is drooping i think the  velcro type fasteners is shot? do they pry apart after losening the one apparent screw that is shown? i see replacement tabs in the  supply catalogs

IP Logged

Reply #410 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:38pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Mine are attached with Velcro, but not sure if the original one are the way.  welcome to the forum..post some pictures when you get a chance.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #411 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 5:56pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

lucille
Welcome to the forum.   My interior top panels were also held on with a hard velcro tab.  A couple of mine were worn out and I had to use a sheet metal style screw and there are posts under there that I drilled thru my liner and they held perfect.   I used button head screws and touched them up with interior paint any they were almost invisible.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #412 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 7:20pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Lucille, welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you here.  What screw are you talking about?  The interior panels should be held on by the velcro tabs.  Though I've not had mine off I fairly sure that is all that holds them.  Looking in the AIM the page on the panels is a little hard to see exactly but best I can tell it shows nothing else either.  Good luck.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #413 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 7:20am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

Hi Lucille, the ones on my 73 are shot and I have screws shot into mine with the button type finishing washers and they are nice and snug. I'm sure you could get a replacement fastener and glue it back on the panel though. really depends on your own taste.

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy our company,
Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #414 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 3:17pm
sheepdog   Ex Member

Hey guys, Barry here aka sheepdog. Im new to the forum. I own a 1979 vette that I bought for my wife for our 15th anniv. I know nothing about them, but learning everyday. I have many questions that I hope everyone will have an opinion on. I guess its proper to post photos of your vehicle, which I intend to do as soon as I find the attachment function. Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers you guys throw my way.

IP Logged

Reply #415 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 3:27pm
RERUN   Ex Member

Okay I had to be lost some where I have register a while ago but that was it. I have one of those orange pumpkin for over 10 years 

IP Logged

Reply #416 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:06am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Barry
Welcome to the forum.  Congratson your new 1979 corvette.  Your wife will be getting lots of looks while cruising around in it.  There are lots of good folks here that are full of knowledge about thesese great classics.  We do love pictures so we can all enjoy your car along with you.  Rerun we definately want to see orange pictures.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #417 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:54am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum Barry & RERUN , post some pic's when you get a chance
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #418 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:11am
blue 77   Ex Member

Barry, welcome to the forum.  There is a lot of knowledge here and members are willing to share it.  Any question you have should be able to be answered by someone here. Wink  Posting photos of your vette IS certainly proper.  We all like to see them.  Most of us use a site like photobucket, flickr, etc to post them.  Very easy after just a few attempts.  Look forward to seeing your '79. 

Glad to have you here.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #419 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:17am
blue 77   Ex Member

Quote:
Okay I had to be lost some where I have register a while ago but that was it.

Rerun, glad you have been found!! LOL

Welcome aboard!!  Since you've been a member for 2 years and we don't know anything about your Corvette, tell us more about it.  Even post some photos when you have time.  It's a very good place to be with tons of knowledge and friendly helpful members.

Dale

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.