Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Let's see your Photography equipment! (Read 5902 times)
Reply #30 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:39am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Saw a few migrating Rufous Hummers this week.
Here is a cute shot of a female.

Ah... once again the upload is NOT working here!  Angry
So, I'll do it this way.

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2014 at 2:51am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #31 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 4:44pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
Everett Wa

Dang nice shot Jack!
I still want to take time to play with cameras!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 4:04pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

yellowjacket wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:45pm:
UPDATE
on equipment:

My equipment is as follows:

Nikon D3 body
Nikon D5100 body
Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4G VR
Nikkor AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Len
Sigma 150-500mm OS Super Zoom
Kenko 1.4 Pro TC
Nikon SB-800 Flash & remote
Nikon SB-29s Macro Speedlight
MB-D10 Multi-Power Battery Grip
2 Lexar 8GB 45MB/s CF Pro 300x udma cards
2 SanDisk 4GB 30MB/s SD Extreme III cards
4 Nikon Lithium-ion Rechargeable Batteries
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod w/322RC2 head & Mono-pod

My photography websites:
http://jackmoskovita.com/
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/
Got some new photography related gear!

I like to have a notebook in the field to check the photos I take as what you see on the cameras LCD is not large enough to see little flaws or if it is truly sharp enough. Don't want to get all the way back home from like say Mt Rainier, to go "
Whoops!
" Also I will use the Notebook or Tab 3 to show clients my work / website / slideshow etc. I use the S3 for like if I'm in an elevator or doctors office to show clients. I got a nice gig doing that with my heart doctor last year. Was showing the nurse some pics on my phone, she told doctor, he looked and then asked if I did any tutoring.  Cheesy

This is what I got:
Samsung Ultrabook 13" Series 5 NP540U3C-A03UB Touch-Screen Laptop,
Core i5-3317U, DDR3 8GB Memory, 500GB HDD + 24GB ExpressCache

Perfect for photography! It gets between 5-6.5 hours a battery, very light and compact @ 3.73 lbs., Loaded with Adobe CS6 Masters Collection and other photography programs.

This is what I use the Samsung Ultra notebook, Tab3 & S3  for:
Website of Moskovita Photography:
http://www.moskovita-photography.com/

Photo of new gear:

IP Logged

Reply #33 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:31am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Hey Scott... I know you love your D300 and been waiting for the D400 to come out... well, nine years later they finally got the D300 replacement, the D500 and what a camera it is, the little brother to the D5. It's a wildlife/Sporting dream camera that shoots 10fpm and 4K video. I couldn't resist! I sold my D3 and got one with a Nikkor 200-500mm VR to go with it. Now I'm gonna be broke awhile.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2017 at 6:45am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #34 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:19am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
Everett Wa

I'm alive!

WOW! Looking at B&H and that set isn't cheap! LOL!
I really like the specs on the D500! Probably more camera than I could ever use!
I still run my D300 very happily! In fact, we took Destiny to Buchart Gardens in BC this last year. Oh man, talk about feeling stupid! My AF wasn't working. I was getting pretty frustrated as the lens was set properly and I know I did not change anything in the menu related to AF!

About half way through the garden my lights came on! LOL! there is a hard switch on the camera body I had inadvertently flipped! DOH! Sheesh, time flies and I forget the very basics sometimes!

We had fun and our Corgi is always very popular in Canada!
I told Diane I was going to take pictures of all the people that ask to pet our dog!
Bad timing. A very nice looking couple of ladies walked and asked . . . .Can we pet your Corgi! LOL!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #35 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 5:07am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well Scott, being you've had your D300 for so many years, maybe it justifies splurging for a D500 that will last you just as many years... I'm really liking this camera now that I've had it over a week now. The way tech is advancing lately there is a big difference between the two. This thing is fast and not just fpm but in focusing and everything else.

IP Logged

Reply #36 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 6:53am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I still like my old Polaroid  Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #37 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:01am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
Everett Wa

Yeah, I was looking at the detailed specs. Very nice but the D300 will suffice for now!
Speed will be what eventually entices me to buy!

Hey Alan, a year ago Christmas, our daughter received a Polaroid Camera from her big brother. She knew it was a camera but had no idea what it was!

She was so amazed when he loaded it for her and took a picture! She had NO IDEA! She loves it!

Guess some of us are getting old! LOL!

When she was younger she once asked how to play the big CD's in the garage! I was like what are you talking about. Well, they were records. 

Heh heh!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 12:52pm

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Show someone a 8" floppy disc & see there reaction  Cheesy   I guess technology is really moving faster &  faster.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 4:17pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73-77 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2017 at 12:52pm:
Show someone a 8" floppy disc & see there reaction  Cheesy   I guess technology is really moving faster &  faster.
Alan Smiley

Show your 8" floppy disk with this:
That will blow their mind. Yup I still have my first laptop and desktop from 1985, or was that 1984?

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Feb 2nd, 2017 at 5:32pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well, I've been waiting for a sunny day around here to try out my new outfit with ducks etc at the local lake but it didn't happen. So I shot some pics of birds in my backyard, trying for BIF with the BIF settings ISO’s @ 1250, shutters @ 1/1250 aperture @ f/5.6 or so. Since the little birds were too fast and in the shade no less I didn't get any BIF. Next time I will do some test shots with lower ISO settings and lower shutter speeds on those birds. As it is, the shots came out really good, very little grain.

This is one reason I got the D500... I could't get this type of shot before with that harsh backlighting behind it AND the thorn branch in front. and those Chickadees move quickly never stay in one place for more than a second. I had to virtually point at it and fire away. At 10fps, only got two... normally this type of pic gets washed out.

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2017 at 1:22am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #41 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 8:10am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
Everett Wa

Nice shots Jack,

the first Chickadee shows the focus capabilities! I assume you were on a single point focus? Nice!

The second Chickadee shot, to me, looks very natural too. I really like those!
The coloring on the first two are wonderful but look slightly saturated.
The third,  hummingbird shot looks about perfect! LOL!

Hey, what do I know! LOL!
Awesome camera though!

Nice pick and nice pics!
SCott

IP Logged

Reply #42 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 12:52pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

I'm loving the low light capabilities of this D500!

We had a rare snow storm in Tacoma/Seattle area, thanks to Canada. Two pics attached are from my weekend job at Gig Harbor of placing & picking up Home Builder homes. Usually easy, good money, but not on this night. These two pics shows the ISO ability at night, no flash, hand held while driving too in first pic! First at around 11pm and the other around midnight Pretty happy with this camera so far.

First pic was
ISO-2500
F/3.8
Exposure time: 0.77 sec
+0.7 step
Focal length: 22mm
Center Weighted Average
Lazy, Program mode as I was driving when I took these two pics

Second pic was
ISO-2500
F/3.5
Exposure time: 1/3 sec
+0.7 step
Focal length: 18mm
Center Weighted Average
Lazy, Program mode as I was driving when I took these two pics

IP Logged

Reply #43 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 8:25am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Keep that camera handy ,maybe you'll see bigfoot some nite Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #44 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:44am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73-77 wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Keep that camera handy ,maybe you'll see bigfoot some nite Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley

I see deer every time and one time a monster buck. Wow! Didn't have my camera at the time and that camera wouldn't do low light like this one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.