Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Wilwood Aluminum Brake Calipers for C3 (Read 6767 times)
Reply #15 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 3:03am

MONKEYWRENCH202   Offline
Top Gun Member
GETTING THERE IS HALF
THE FUN!
MAPLE RAPIDS MICHIGAN

WELL ALL, I HAVE PRICE LISTING NOW.  THESE WOULD BE NEW COMING DIRECTLY FROM THE FACTORY IN CALI.

FRONT CALIPER KIT INCLUDES: 2 CALIPERS, BP-10 BRAKE PADS, & FLEX LINE KIT W/ ADAPTERS.
FRONT CLEAR COATED CALIPERS $625.95
BLACK CALIPERS $775.95
RED CALIPERS $775.95

REAR KIT:
CLEAR COATED CALIPERS $625.95
BLACK CALIPERS $775.95
RED CALIPERS $775.95

OR YOU CAN PIECE KITS TOGETHER W/ POLISHED CALIPERS.
POLISHED CALIPERS $402.00 EACH

PAD SET $65.00

FLEX LINE KIT $67.00

PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING OR MICHIGAN SALES TAX, IF APPLICABLE.

IF ANYONE IS WANTING THEM, JUST DROP ME A LINE.

Cool

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 8:52pm

Coast2Coast69   Offline
Daytona Yellow '69 ...
getting lots of TLC.
Edmonds, WA

Hey Guys,

Wanted to dust this thread off and see if you all agree the Wilwood brake system is still the one to go with. I just got my '69 back from a winter frame-up resto.  It has a brand new 400hp 350 and a Hurst 5-speed manual trannie.  It's lightening in a bottle!  Got to thinking after having it for a week of nice weather, "these are the original brakes ... will they stop me? I should look at upgrading so I can stop as fast as I can go!"  Any thoughts from those who may have some experience with them?  Binnie, did you end up keeping your trial set?  Thanks.  Scott

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas Edison
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:55am
blue 77   Ex Member

Don't really have an opinion on the Wilwood system itself, but do feel strongly you should have enough brake to "stop as fast as you can go". Wink  What could be worse than destroying your vette due to NOT having enough braking power to stop all the horsepower you have?

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 6:37am

TDub   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Whitby ON

I am considering purchasing a set of wilwood calipers for my 75 vette, manual brakes. Will these caliper's eliminate problems that occur with rotor run out  that plague stock caliper's'?

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 8:22am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

I think Binnie has wildwood calipers on his 77. He should be able to steer you in the right direction..............jack

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 8:52am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

You really need a dial caliper to check for rotor run out on these cars. Also your frt & rear bearings have to be spot on or it'll never work right no matter what kind of breaks. Once you put the rotor on check the run out then remove the rotor & rotate it one hole then check again. Once you've done all possible positions go with the least run out & it should be around .002 or less to work correctly. Stainless steel sleeves in the OEM breaks work fine if done this way.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 9:40am

TDub   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Whitby ON

I just had the front and rear bearings done, hope to God they were done properly. I have been having brake problems losing pressure after about 10-20km of driving. I checked the rotors and realized they are under 1.200" and have new ones on the way along with new pads. Once they arrive I will get a dial indicator and check all wheel's.
I hope this will cure my problems, since I have already replaced the caliper's and MC.
Thanks for the replies!

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 10:45am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

What happens is that the pistons in the calipers are almost always riding on the calipers so if there is just a little run out they will go in & out  which sucks air into the break system. So after very little driving you end up with spongy pedal. It could be only one caliper doing this. Best to bleed the breaks & if one has air that's the problem.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 10:45am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

What happens is that the pistons in the calipers are almost always riding on the calipers so if there is just a little run out they will go in & out  which sucks air into the break system. So after very little driving you end up with spongy pedal. It could be only one caliper doing this. Best to bleed the breaks & if one has air that's the problem.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.