Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
VB&P SUSPENSION KITS (Read 7552 times)
Jul 28th, 2009 at 7:13am
oz dave   Ex Member

Hi just wondering if anyone is using the VB&P KIT and if so how do you like it? My front A arms have new bushes and ball joints etc so I thought this may be a good choice and with our bumpy country roads and wildlife the thought of a front transverse spring braking worries me some.
All advice would be appreciated
http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=479
here is a link to a Vansteel kit I'm also thinking of
http://www.vansteel.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.showItem&subgroup=1915&ID=2438
Thanks Dave
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2009 at 7:31am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 11:35am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Hey Dave, several of us have the various VBP suspension kits installed. I'm not aware of anyone that is unhappy.

Personally I have installed the same kit but the one stepped up with the A-Arms and Smart struts. I also went with the mono leaf front end.

I am extremely happy with mine! Sharky went from a beast on the road to being extremely civilized! She used to feel like a go cart. Now she feels like a sports car! I used to take two hands white knuckled on the steering wheel when I hit ruts in the road! Now, coffee in one hand and one hand on the wheel and I'm very relaxed!!!! Cornering is AWESOME!

She feels like a WHOLE NEW CAR! Yep, I can not say enough! Do get a very good alignment per VBP instructions though! Do not follow origional corvette specs unless this kit suggests it!!!

I also am able to adjust the tightness of the suspension with the front and rear monoleaf springs! Freakin AWESOME! To Soft? bouncing around at high speeds? Stiffen her up! To Stiff? need a kidney belt when hitting the little road turtles or lane bumps? Soften her up! Find a happy median and off you go!!

One thing to note is that I was a bit dissapointed in VBP's ability to deliver on time as promised. It was however over the Christmas holidays so I should have expected delays.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 12:15pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I agree with Scott completely & have the complete system installed frt & rear. Only thing I found is that the front bolts (8) that hold the mono springs come loose after some hard driving & should be safety wired. I posted on here how to do it. If you need bolts drilled I'll be happy to do it for the cost of the bolts & shipping & include some saftey wire on me. Can't figure why VBP won't address this issue  Sad, but it is easily fixed. The handling is better than the 15" radial can handle & I believe with 17 or 18" low profile tires it would corner with the best.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 3:49pm
oz dave   Ex Member

Thank you for you're advice.
Do you both think getting the new A arms is a must or do you think using my original ones would still be ok?[using the front mono spring ]
I think this is how this kit works
http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=485
Dave
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2009 at 3:53pm by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 9:00pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Here are several front & rear suspension installs w/photo's

Alan's Front Monospring Install
http://www.1-4u-computer-graphics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1181078550

Alan's Independent Rear Mono Leaf Install:
http://www.1-4u-computer-graphics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194567801

Jack's Front Monospring Install
http://corvettec3.com//cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1181489272

Jack's TRWspring, Bilstein shock, Dragvette strut install
http://corvettec3.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1139365848

Richards Front Mono Spring Install:
http://www.1-4u-computer-graphics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194567801
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2014 at 6:44pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 7:05am
oz dave   Ex Member

Is this the kit you all thinks best
http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=474
Thanks Dave
the freight to Australia is a killer Sad

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 11:56am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

That's it e-mail them & tell them you found out about it on this forum ...they should give you a discount , which can help with the freight.  I've got the whole kit on my car.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 12:03pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Mine needs to be adjusted some.Its a little bouncy sometimes.I guess I will also need to adjust the height upwards when I finally get my sidepipes installed.I've been told I may have clearance issues with it being dropped 1.5 inches

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 1:00am
oz dave   Ex Member

Thanks for all the answers fellas
I brought this kit to start with because I also wanted other parts[new diff mounting rubbers,diff cover etc etc] and with our currency and freight it works out nearly double what you pay. Cry
I will get the front mono spring and a arms next year.
cheers Dave
http://www.vbandp.com/detail.aspx?ID=482

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:02pm
oz dave   Ex Member

Another company wanted $1200.00 freight Shocked
VB&P IS ONLY $440.00 for the same order Smiley
What a great company to deal with.Also I wouldn't have known about them[and a lot of other things] without this forum.
Thanks Everyone Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 8:04pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Thats great,Dave! They saved you over half off the the shipping. I havent bought from them for some time,& some personnel have changed,so its nice to hear they still have good service

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 9:41am

Tim-Texas   Offline
Killeen, TX

Dave,

How do you like the kit? I'm getting ready to order one and would like to here how it handles and how hard is to change your ride height front and rear.

Thanks
Tim

Tim

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:17pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Tim
The VB&P Suspension upgrades are great. There are different levels both frt & back. It's very easy to adjust your ride height in the frt, rear & left & rt.  Everything is very well documented in the thread, but if you have more questions ask away. There is no comparison  between a stock suspension & after the VB&P suspension is installed. My blue vette handles better than the tires can handle & I will be upgrading to 17" tires  for this reason.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 2:08pm

Tim-Texas   Offline
Killeen, TX

Thanks Alan,
I'm planing on going with 17's or 18's but I'm having a problem with finding wheels I like with the correct back spacing. I got the shark with 15's fronts are 265/50 on 9 1/2 in wheel 3.75 BS Rears are 295/50 11 in wheel 3.75 BS

My Fenders are flared and the present fit the space correctly both front and rear.

Tim

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Jan 13th, 2013 at 12:26am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Ive got the complete monospring kit.& with 17" American Racing Torquethrust 2's
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2013 at 12:27am by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.