Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
How view your Notifications & Favorites (Read 8696 times)
Jul 29th, 2009 at 11:55am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

To view your
Notifications
&
Favorites
, do this:
Click on
User CP
at the top under the banners & time.
You can also click on your username to get there.
Click "
Now you will see:
View my Notifications
View my Favorites
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2009 at 11:32pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2009 at 1:41pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Jack,I've been marking all my threads to be notified of responses since the big upgrade.I've not gotten one.I've had to scroll thru everything to find them.I just followed your directions and got this...  Quote:
There are no boards with Notification marked!

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:59am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Maximus79 wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 1:41pm:
Jack,I've been marking all my threads to be notified of responses since the big upgrade.I've not gotten one.I've had to scroll thru everything to find them.I just followed your directions and got this...  Quote:

Jon, I know you keep dropping hints and emailing moderators about the email notifications not working but I can't get that feature to work here. I tried several times. I give up.

Most of us here would never use it anyways.  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 12:43pm

68-73   Online
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

yellowjacket wrote on Oct 30th, 2009 at 9:59am:
Maximus79 wrote on Sep 6th, 2009 at 1:41pm:

Jon, I know you keep dropping hints and emailing moderators about the email notifications not working but I can't get that feature to work here. I tried several times. I give up.

Most of us here would never use it anyways.  Wink

Just what I need another email...NOT....
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2010 at 10:03pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

yellowjacket wrote on Jul 29th, 2009 at 11:55am:
To view your
Notifications
&
Favorites
, do this:
Click on
User CP
Click "
Now you will see:
View my Notifications
View my Favorites

In addition, you need to do this:

go to your User CP/Profile/Options/
Then down to Post & Board Notifications:
check the box that says:
If you check this, you will see an additional Popup alert when you visit the Board Index if you have New Board or Post Notifications.

Then say yes to this one? Default is No.
Notify me of new Notifications by eMail?

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2010 at 11:29pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

yellowjacket wrote on Apr 10th, 2010 at 10:03pm:
To view your
Notifications
&
Favorites
, do this:
Click on
User CP
Click "
Now you will see:
View my Notifications
View my Favorites

check the box that says:
If you check this, you will see an additional Popup alert when you visit the Board Index if you have New Board or Post Notifications.

Well,shoot! Now I'm asked for a password I havent had to use in years!  Cant recall it at the moment...................

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 9:16am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Maximus79 wrote on Apr 11th, 2010 at 11:29pm:
yellowjacket wrote on Apr 10th, 2010 at 10:03pm:
To view your
Notifications
&
Favorites
, do this:
Click on
User CP
Click "
Now you will see:
View my Notifications
View my Favorites

check the box that says:

Well,shoot! Now I'm asked for a password I havent had to use in years!  Cant recall it at the moment...................

Jon, your suppose to use a password you can remember.  Wink

And this tells me something... your not keeping your computer cleaned up from viruses and spam if your not clearing your cookies etc at least once a month. Because if you were, you'd have to remember your passwords as that clears those too.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2010 at 9:18am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 11:35am
blue 77   Ex Member

yellowjacket wrote on Apr 12th, 2010 at 9:16am:
And this tells me something... your not keeping your computer cleaned up from viruses and spam if your not clearing your cookies etc at least once a month. Because if you were, you'd have to remember your passwords as that clears those too. 

Then I may have a problem here too. Sad  I've never cleared any "cookies".  Only having a computer less than a year, I don't even know what that means. Embarrassed

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 6:38pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Protect Yourself: Clear Your Cookies and History

Cookies are a threat to your privacy, though not in the way you probably think. The cookie files that Web sites use to personalize your online experience aren't immune to online snoops. But they're much more likely to reveal your surfing habits, shopping preferences, and private yearnings to nosy coworkers, kids, system administrators, and bosses who may poke around in your computer while you're momentarily away.

To uncover the secrets that your cookies reveal in Internet Explorer 6, choose Tools, Internet Options and--under the General tab--click the Settings button in the 'Temporary Internet files' area. In the Settings dialog box, click the View Files button. In either Mozilla 1.1 or Netscape 7, choose Tools, Cookie Manager, Manage Stored Cookies (see FIGURE 1). In Netscape 6.2, choose Edit, Preferences, select Cookies under the Privacy & Security category, and then click the View Stored Cookies button to open the Cookie Manager.

You may be a little surprised at the information you'll find: cookies containing URLs to racy magazines, job-seeking sites, shopping sites, and other revealing destinations. Fortunately, removing an individual unwanted cookie is easy. In IE, right-click the cookie's name in the Temporary Internet Files window you opened above, and choose Delete. To remove all cookies, choose Tools, Internet Options and click the Delete Cookies button. In Netscape, select a cookie in the Stored Cookies list and click the Remove Cookie button. You can erase all your cookies by clicking the Remove All Cookies button.

You're not finished yet, though. All browsers keep a history of all the URLs you've visited. To remove individual history items in Internet Explorer, Mozilla, or Netscape, press Ctrl-H to open the History Explorer Bar and right-click a history site domain name, an individual page URL, or an entire day's or week's worth of browsing history in the list. Now choose Delete. To erase all history entries in IE, choose Tools, Internet Options and click the Clear History button.

To accomplish the same thing in Netscape/Mozilla, click Edit, Preferences, select History under the Navigator category, and click the Clear History button.

In Netscape browsers, however, you must take an additional step: Choose Edit, Preferences, select History under the Navigator category, and then click the Clear Location Bar button.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 6:43pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
[quote author=6461686C6B050 link=1248894791/9#9 date=1271090043]

Then I may have a problem here too. Sad  I've never cleared any "cookies".  Only having a computer less than a year, I don't even know what that means. Embarrassed

Dale

You'd be surprised how many people don't understand about cookies.

You should also run AVG Free anti-virus & Advance System Care programs to clear out any bad or not so bad viruses that probably got on our Hard Drive with those cookies too. When our online, some savy scammers/hackers can snoop in your computer too. AVG helps screen that. These programs also help the clean up the clutter on your HD that slows it down too.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 7:34pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Thanks, Jack.  I will read thru your "protect yourself" post and then see if I can work it on my computer.  Huh Guess I should have read the manuals that came with my computer. Roll Eyes

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 4:27am

68-73   Online
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

These are 2 very good programs to help keep your computer free of bad things. Both are free, The malwarebyte  program should be run until your computer is clean. Restart after each run & run the program again as malware can resurface after a restart sometimes. Malware can be just as bad as a virus or trojan horse. If you email people it's the right thing to keep your computer clean, because if you don't you not only wreck your computer but you pass this junk along Angry

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?par...

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 8:20am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Always pay attention to what Alan or Scott says as they both are the REAL computer experts here. I'm not at their level... yet.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 12:14pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

68-73 wrote on Apr 13th, 2010 at 4:27am:
These are 2 very good programs to help keep your computer free of bad things. Both are free, The malwarebyte  program should be run until your computer is clean. Restart after each run & run the program again as malware can resurface after a restart sometimes. Malware can be just as bad as a virus or trojan horse. If you email people it's the right thing to keep your computer clean, because if you don't you not only wreck your computer but you pass this junk along Angry

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?par...

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Alan Smiley

Will these operate OK with the Norton Suite?

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 3:15pm

68-73   Online
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Get rid of norton & install AVG free. You computer will be faster & run much better. To put in in plain language norton sucks.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.