Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
VETTE & OWNER OR FAMILY PHOTO (Read 23048 times)
Reply #15 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 5:20am
blue 77   Ex Member

Bob, Great looking car. I got my blue 77 in June of 1977.  Wink
Not many of us with 77's are the original owners.  Glad you are another. Grin

Bob, it is amazing they we both still have the original motor with almost the same miles.  Mine has just turned over to 64K earlier this month.  It was in the shop this month with a broken distributor.  That was the first thing done to the engine, except normal maintenance items since it was new. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 7:26am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Bob, Dale, that is soooo cool about you being the original owners of your 77's. Both of you and your 77's don't look near your age either!

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:10am

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

I wanted to find a good place to post up a few pictures of my 77 and this looks to be a good place to start. I dont have much in the way of family. I am not married and I take care of my aging father,so I dont have very many pictures of us. But have many of my toy!

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:41am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

77resto wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:10am:
I wanted to find a good place to post up a few pictures of my 77 and this looks to be a good place to start. I dont have much in the way of family. I am not married and I take care of my aging father,so I dont have very many pictures of us. But have many of my toy!

Hey,another good-lookin 2-tone! Sounds like youre in my situation....

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:13am

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

Thanks for the compliment!
  You taking care of your parents? Smiley Tough job. But very rewarding. I miss out on a lot of things doing it, but when I walk into the kitchen to see my father smiling and waiting for me to make his breakfast....sorry I get a little choked up....I wouldn't change a thing!
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:15am by 77resto »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:48am

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

Jack is helping me post some new pictures! They may be up soon. These are some of the best pics I have of "The Joker" It is currently at the paint shop at last! I will be posting up in the restoration thread it's progress through out this winter season. It should be complete by spring. It will undergoing a frame-on restoration. Engine is tired and the tranny is weak. Suspension will be upgraded and new door panels installed.

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2009 at 10:23am by yellowjacket »  
IP Logged

Reply #21 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 12:08pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Good looking vettes.  Are both of them yours or just the two toned?

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:17pm

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

Quote:
Good looking vettes.  Are both of them yours or just the two toned?

Dale

Only the two tone one is mine. The other one with the stinger hood belongs to a good friend of mine. I am trying to get him to join up here on the forum. That solid red one is a nasty Corvette!  It dynos nearly 400hp at the rear wheels,  Rare 4 speed car with custom rear facia ( the spoiler is approximately 3 inches higher than stock) the interior is imaculate with new carpeting. The paint is flawless, Custom Suspension, true dual exaust with four Camaro square pipes out back!

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 12:44pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Are you having it two toned again? Same colors or changing?
A friend had a '75 two toned, blue on upper and silver on lower.  Looked good.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 1:43pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

77resto
Your car sure looks great.  Looks too good to need painted.  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 2:30pm

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

77Resto,
Love it! Very Nice!! Smiley Welcome aboard.
Mike b

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 8:34pm

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

wnmech wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 1:43pm:
77resto
Your car sure looks great.  Looks too good to need painted.  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Rick 

It photographs well. but it truly is in need of a paint job. You just cant see all the flaws in it. I am very excited to finally get it into the paint booth! I already have all the suspension parts and have a trusted engine builder and tranny shop to deal with those issues. The interior is in excellent shape and I have completely rewired everything. The door panels are the only thing left interior wise to replace. It will be painted exactly as shown . The only difference being a little flake in the paint for pop and possibly an aftermarket rear spoiler. It will be subtle as I am not into loud paint jobs. I will be posting pictures of it's progress throughout the winter untilit is complete on the restoration and detailed projects thread!

IP Logged

Reply #27 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 9:03pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

77resto wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:13am:

You taking care of your parents? Smiley Tough job. But very rewarding. I miss out on a lot of things doing it, but when I walk into the kitchen to see my father smiling and waiting for me to make his breakfast....sorry I get a little choked up....I wouldn't change a thing!

Thats nice to have those moments! .... But,unfortunately,Mom cannnot do simple everyday tasks anymore,& with Alzhiemers she doesnt know who I am any longer.I wish my relatives would help...but,nope!
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2009 at 9:04pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:38pm

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

Maximus79 wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 9:03pm:

Thats nice to have those moments! .... But,unfortunately,Mom cannnot do simple everyday tasks anymore,& with Alzhiemers she doesnt know who I am any longer.I wish my relatives would help...but,nope!

Really sorry to hear you have no help. I am in the exact same situation.I am the only one who will take care of him. I cant stomach the idea of putting him into a nursing home or assisted living. He will have the dignity of leaving this world from his own home and bed. I get absolutely no help whatsoever for his care. I have  a sister who lives 5 blocks away and has not seen him in 6 years. I also have a brother who lives less than 3 miles away ....same story as my sister.  My father has  Dementia which is an early indicator for Alzhiemers. He still knows me but is becoming more and more forgetful. I completely understand what you must be dealing with

IP Logged

Reply #29 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:15pm
blue 77   Ex Member

77resto wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:38pm:
Maximus79 wrote on Dec 14th, 2009 at 9:03pm:

Really sorry to hear you have no help. I am in the exact same situation.I am the only one who will take care of him. I cant stomach the idea of putting him into a nursing home or assisted living. He will have the dignity of leaving this world from his own home and bed. I get absolutely no help whatsoever for his care. I have  a sister who lives 5 blocks away and has not seen him in 6 years. I also have a brother who lives less than 3 miles away ....same story as my sister.  My father has  Dementia which is an early indicator for Alzhiemers. He still knows me but is becoming more and more forgetful. I completely understand what you must be dealing with

We went through this with my Mom a few years back.  She had Alzhiemers for 4 years before she passed away.  The difference was that it was my Dad and me taking care of her.  So it was easier with two of us, but still hard.  We both agreed "no nursing homes" she would live out her life in their home and she in her bed.  My brother lived a mile away and saw her only 4 times the entire 4 years.  He provided no help.  For me it was worth it and if I had it to do over, I would still do it the same way.  I can't imagine how hard it is for you guys doing it by yourself.

DON'T GIVE UP AND DON'T GET TOO DOWN.  MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH.

Dale

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.