Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
VETTE & OWNER OR FAMILY PHOTO (Read 21290 times)
Reply #30 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Thanks for the kind words,support & understanding.Sounds like you guys seem to be coping well.I think one of my main worries,besides whether I can keep this up alone,is the fact at my age,not knowing how long I can enjoy have her around & not having any income of my own.Its also that if I'm able to actually go back to work & get out of poverty level,I will never get to work where I was & making the level of money I was.I turn 55 in January Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:12pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #31 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 7:57am

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

DON'T GIVE UP AND DON'T GET TOO DOWN.  MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH.

Dale

I will never give up. For me it is rewarding and I know without question my father would do the same for me.Your prayers are always welcome here Dale. Thanks A Lot!

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:26pm

77resto   Offline
I love my 77 Vette!
Denver,Colorado

Maximus79 wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:10pm:
Thanks for the kind words,support & understanding.Sounds like you guys seem to be coping well.I think one of my main worries,besides whether I can keep this up alone,is the fact at my age,not knowing how long I can enjoy have her around & not having any income of my own.Its also that if I'm able to actually go back to work & get out of poverty level,I will never get to work where I was & making the level of money I was.I turn 55 in January Roll Eyes

We have much more in common than you know. I turn 55 in April next year. I have had to go back to work crawling in and out of cars tinting windows again. I am not making what I used to but by Spring I should be back to close what I used to make. I am getting to old to be crawling in and out of these cars all day. But still young enough to do it. But enough of the bummer stuff...........MORE PICTURES!!!!!

IP Logged

Reply #33 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:22pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

77resto wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:26pm:
Maximus79 wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:10pm:

We have much more in common than you know. I turn 55 in April next year. I have had to go back to work crawling in and out of cars tinting windows again. I am not making what I used to but by Spring I should be back to close what I used to make. I am getting to old to be crawling in and out of these cars all day. But still young enough to do it. But enough of the bummer stuff...........MORE PICTURES!!!!!

Wink   http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/nwmaximus/79%20Corvette/?action=view&current...
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:23pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #34 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 8:03am
seventyate   Ex Member

I hope this picture turns out the way I would like it. I just got this car in early November.  Don't even have the title back yet. Will post more pictures if this works.

Ed
Back in the C3 Family again, this is a 76. I was working on a 78 and thus the seventyate which I am planning on changing.
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2009 at 8:04am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #35 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 10:36am
blue 77   Ex Member

Ed, really great looking '76. Wink
Glad to have in the C3 family again.  Other groups are okay but the C3's still RULE. Grin

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #36 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:38pm

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Hey Ed, Looking Good.
Nice picture
Mike B

IP Logged

Reply #37 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:18am
class of 77   Ex Member

Hey Ed, Nice 76. It looks like the previous owner took real good care of it. Be carefull of the hooker road de-dusters as they get red hot, I can speak from experience but I sure do love the sound of them pipes. Enjoy your ride. Bob

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 2:59pm
seventyate   Ex Member

Thanks for the compliments, I am glad my wife doesn't read this forum as she was against side pipes.  Said she wasn't going to burn  her legs just so I could have them.  I told her these didn't seem to get that hot but then I haven't run it on the road for any length of time.
From what I have seen so far in the pictures on this forum there is one heck of a collection of good looking C3's.

Ed

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 5:49pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments, I am glad my wife doesn't read this forum as she was against side pipes.  Said she wasn't going to burn  her legs just so I could have them.  I told her these didn't seem to get that hot but then I haven't run it on the road for any length of time.
From what I have seen so far in the pictures on this forum there is one heck of a collection of good looking C3's.

Ed

Nice pic! I got a good used set of those myself,cheap! Havent put them on yet,& still mulling over which set of inserts to buy for them.

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #40 - Jan 21st, 2010 at 5:39am
seventyate   Ex Member

You see the car as I bought it. The previous owner had it 10 years and only put 1800 miles on it, but while he owned it, he had the seats done, car painted and the headers and side pipes.  I don't know if he changed the intake but it has a Edlebrock performer but still has the Rochester carb.  All I plan on doing this year is plugs, wires, new valve covers, (the ones on it show a lot of rust marks), and new air cleaner.  Going to put the heat boots around the plug wires as I already have  them.  Have to get the back up lights to work. For the last 3 years all I had for cruise nights was the "04" and it's nice but to me just doesn't fit in on a cruise night with all the muscle cars. (Camero's, Chevelle's, Nova's, Street Rods and etc.)  at least the C3 looks like it belongs there.

IP Logged

Reply #41 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 8:13am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Maximus79 wrote on Jan 20th, 2010 at 5:49pm:
[quote author=7A7B7B767A741F0 link=1256343824/38#38 date=1264029444]Thanks for the compliments, I am glad my wife doesn't read this forum as she was against side pipes.  Said she wasn't going to burn  her legs just so I could have them.  I told her these didn't seem to get that hot but then I haven't run it on the road for any length of time.

Ed

Use the heat shields, (the ones in the banner at the top of page) I put those on a few years ago and after a good run, I can actually put my hand on the shields and it is only very warm, not hot. Then you don't have to worry about your wife. Besides they look good too.

IP Logged

Reply #42 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 10:39am
blue 77   Ex Member

Ed, I would agree with Jack about the shields.  My pipes are not Corvette pipes, but I have shields.  The look good, and reduce risk of burning legs.  Not to say they don't get hot, but at least they don't burn the skin right off if touched (not immediately anyway)  Grin

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #43 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 12:03pm
seventyate   Ex Member

Thanks for the info, I will have to do something.  I don't want my wife to say I won't be riding in that car because I think she will like it.  We had a 1975 with a 74 exhaust on it. She really liked riding in the C3, ours was Classic White and got a lot of looks.

Ed

IP Logged

Reply #44 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 5:05am
blue 77   Ex Member

Good luck Ed.  Not really good having a classic vette if the wife doesn't want to ride in it. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.