Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
VETTE & OWNER OR FAMILY PHOTO (Read 21355 times)
Reply #45 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 7:13am
seventyate   Ex Member

We will be picking up a set of those heat shields.  I have a 6 year old grandson that likes riding in the cars so I have to be sure he doesn't get burned.  The seat belts don't work, have to pull the seats and see if I can just clean and lubricate.  Sure hope so.  If I have to buy them, heat shields, and I'd like to buy a winch for the trailer, and other misc. things, I'll have to dump about $2000.00 just to go to the first spring cruise. Plus I need to pick up a wheel and tire for a spare for the trailer.  And like they say,  and then,  I am looking at putting up a 3 to 4 car garage this spring.  I have a ranch home with 2 garage doors in the basement and I now have 4 cars in there. The MGB, the 76, the 04, and my wifes Impala.  I have the 78 project on the trailer stored in a friends garage with some of their farm equipment and a roll back truck they use on the farm.  Really need that garage. I also have the 02 Silverado for towing.  Then I have a 01 Cavalier for just kicking around.  Mostly for training the racing pigeons.  Once I get out of that sport the Cavalier will be going.

Ed

IP Logged

Reply #46 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 7:53am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Ed
If your 02 Silverado has coil springs in the rear (not sure when they changed) you'll need air bags to keep the back of the truck from dragging.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #47 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 1:55pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

I also would like those heat shields.And I would like to widen my one car garage enough to get another car in there. Is there an inexpensive way to do that?  Cry
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2010 at 1:56pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #48 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 4:01pm
seventyate   Ex Member

In answer to Alan's, I do have leaf springs. I bought the truck used, it had the receiver hitch and was set up to tow. It didn't have the brake control, my wife's nephew wired it last spring and we towed the MGB to Mass. and then brought it back  home because all my son has is a driveway.  I then towed the Vette from down by Willowgrove, Pa. up to our house.  Now,  yesterday for some reason the green light on my Reese POD is on and won't go out. We have nothing but rain so I can't work on it.  Can't get the truck in the garage under the house.
In answer to the heat shields, $500.00 is what I see,  a few dollars cheaper out of Corvettesouth. Maybe 15 or 20. What gets me is they are nice looking shields, stainless but made in Thailand. Have we lost all our abilities to make any thing in this country. I think we are becoming more and more a service country and not a manufacturing country. Well anyhow, I have been checking on garages, don't know if it should be a pole garage with a floor poured in it, or a garage built on a slab, or put in footers and go up from there. Don't know if I want one big door (16') and one (9') or three 9 footers. Have a friend that just lost his job due to lack of work and he is a carpenter and my one pigeon racing buddy is a brick layer so I could get one to do the building construction and the other to do cement and block work.  Need to do more talking to them.

IP Logged

Reply #49 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 8:33am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
We will be picking up a set of those heat shields.  I have a 6 year old grandson that likes riding in the cars so I have to be sure he doesn't get burned. 
Ed

You will be glad you did. They look real nice too.

IP Logged

Reply #50 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:05am
seventyate   Ex Member

Well good news today,  got my first SS check so the first thing I am going to be buying for the car from it is the Heat Shields.  Was on the phone with Gil for a while the other day and he said his son has the Hooker headers and the side pipes and he burnt his leg pretty good one time so he put the shields on and they are really great.  I need to get them here before that St Patrick's day parade that Mike wants us in. I will be getting them from Steel Shields and I will mention the forum when I order.  I will be getting the ones with Corvette and the Crossed Flags on them.

Ed

IP Logged

Reply #51 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 3:29pm
seventyate   Ex Member

Shields on order, they won't have the ones I ordered until Monday. They will be shipped as soon as they come in, got the ones with Stingray and the crossed flags on them. Should have them here and on the car before the St Patrick's day parade,  I hope.

Ed

IP Logged

Reply #52 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:03pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

pics please! Those are another of a few things on my wish list. If I wait any longer for whats on that list,it may end up on my Bucket List. Cry Undecided Embarrassed

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #53 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 1:58pm
seventyate   Ex Member

I just got a e-mail from Steel Shields.  What I had done was called them to place the order, they told me to just go ahead and place it through their web site. I told them I just wanted to let them know that I had purchased them because of their add on the forum.  Well because of that, they credited back to my card the $30.00 shipping fee. That was pretty nice of them.  The guy that owns the business is on some forums a lot his daughter said so if he reads this, Thanks.  Smiley

Ed
Forgot to mention, as soon as I get them installed I'll post pics

ED
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2010 at 3:07pm by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #54 - Jul 9th, 2011 at 4:42pm
761000sp   Ex Member

first night with the vette

Mike

IP Logged

Reply #55 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 3:27pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
first night with the vette
[img]

Mike

A day to remember!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #56 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 1:43pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
Shields on order, they won't have the ones I ordered until Monday. They will be shipped as soon as they come in, got the ones with Stingray and the crossed flags on them. Should have them here and on the car before the St Patrick's day parade,  I hope.

Ed

I had those on yellowjacket and really like them! You will too.

IP Logged

Reply #57 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:34am

Theo the Venlonaar   Offline
I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

me and my nice from Indonesia

Asap I'll post a pic of me with GF and son, but first red will be changed in blue Wink

IP Logged

Reply #58 - Sep 18th, 2011 at 9:07am
blue 77   Ex Member

Theo the Venlonaar wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:34am:
red will be changed in blue 

Theo, be sure to post photos when you get it
blue
. Smiley

Never enough
blue Corvettes
in the world. Grin  When do you plan to have it painted?  Are you doing it yourself?

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #59 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:37pm

Gary Don   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Oklahoma

74 corvette barn find finished after a year of work

P1000106__Copy_.JPG (101 KB | 236 )
P1000106__Copy_.JPG
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.