Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Another very cool low mile '77 L-82 4 speed! (Read 11586 times)
Dec 30th, 2009 at 4:07pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 6:06pm
oz dave   Ex Member

Nice Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 5:15am
class of 77   Ex Member

Wow! Unbelievable condition. Hard to believe someone didn't drive that beauty some more. I'm also suprised it still wears the original gt radials.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 7:47am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Did you see a radio antenna?  I did not see one but if you look at the dash picture it has a radio installed.  Car bought from Corvette mikes I am not familiar with them.  I would like to see what documantation with the car. 
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 12:34pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

wnmech wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 at 7:47am:
Did you see a radio antenna?  I did not see one but if you look at the dash picture it has a radio installed.  Car bought from Corvette mikes I am not familiar with them.  I would like to see what documantation with the car. 
Rick

If its just an 8-track he has like was mentioned,then maybe no radio & no need for an antenna? Radio was an option,correct?

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:18pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

I believe the radio was standard at least in the case of my 77 I found my build sheet and on it there was a radio delete option [UL5].  Looking at my dealers pamphlet from 77 shows delco dual speakers and radios available were AM/FM monaural, AM/FM stereo and [new for 77] AM/FM radio with stereo 8-track tape player.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 5:32pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Rick, that is correct.  When I ordered mine from the dealer, those were the radio options available, but you could delete if you desired.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 4:10pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

Quote:
Wow! Unbelievable condition. Hard to believe someone didn't drive that beauty some more. I'm also suprised it still wears the original gt radials. 

Those 'GT Radials' are from '78/'79 & possibly early 1980 before they switched to Eagle GT's. The optional RWL tire for '77 were Firestone Steel Belted 500's and Goodyear Steelgards. Too my knowledge, you couldn't get GT Radials on Corvettes in '77.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 1st, 2010 at 7:41pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

My spare is a Steelguard!

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 5:14am
blue 77   Ex Member

Mine came with the Firestones.  Of course they were defective and separated before they were 3 years old.  Had to have Firestone replace them.

I still have the original spare, which was never on the ground, stored just to have one of the OEM tires for the car.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 5:24am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Jon,
radios came factory installed: am/fm, am/fm stereo and/or am/fm stereo tape (8 track) you had to specify "radio delete" to the dealer in 1977.
.........................................Chris  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 5:24am by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 6:55pm
class of 77   Ex Member

By Mid 1977 I was having problems with my firestones too, they replaced 2 tires only because of shortages of replacement tires. Within another 2 months the other 2 tires were also experiencing the shifting of the belts. The tire dealer that I took my car to said I could upgrade my tires to the goodyear gt radials at a very nominal cost otherwise I would have to wait until replacements came in. I went with the goodyears as I did not want to have a blowout and wreck the car. I still have the original firestone 500 as a spare as it has never been on the ground. It's good for a reminder of how things went years ago, but I sure wouldn't want to use it as a spare after all these years.  Bob

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:31pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

ve77er wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 5:24am:
Jon,
radios came factory installed: am/fm, am/fm stereo and/or am/fm stereo tape (8 track) you had to specify "radio delete" to the dealer in 1977.

OK! I was just trying to guess as to why there was no antenna
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:31pm by Maximus79 »  

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 5:44pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

Maximus79 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:31pm:
ve77er wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 5:24am:
Jon,

OK! I was just trying to guess as to why there was no antenna

One of the 1st '77 L-82 4 speeds that I looked at for possible purchase was a local car, black (original paint) with black interior, pretty well loaded, original owner & he had all the original paperwork including the window sticker & dealer invoice.  I remember that he ordered the car w/o a radio, so it came with a radio block off plate which he still had, although he had installed an aftermarket radio and antenna.  That is probably the only '77 that I ever saw that had been ordered w/o a radio.  I ultimately passed on the car because it had spent most of its life up north & the frame was completely rotted away in some places.   Shocked  Ashame, because other than the horrible frame, it was a nice car with all the right options............

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2010 at 11:44pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

I learn something new every day!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.