Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Original Colors? (Read 7911 times)
Jun 8th, 2010 at 6:00am
Gracies1977   Ex Member

Is there a way to find out what the original color of my Vette (in & out). I just purchased her and would like to know all I can about her

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 6:26am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

The paint codes is on the left door frame. Go here for all the info
http://corvettec3.ca/
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 5:04pm
class of 77   Ex Member

68-73 wrote on Jun 8th, 2010 at 6:26am:
The paint codes is on the left door frame. Go here for all the info
http://corvettec3.ca/
Alan Smiley

I noticed on the above link that in 1977 there was one chartreuse car made. Was it a special order car? Who was it for? And does anybody know what ever happened to it? I guess it was just another odd item for 77 vettes which have alot of odd items.      Bob

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 2:44am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Bob
I wish I had a dollar for every time that question that question has been asked on the different corvette forums.  I could retire a rich man.  It really would be interesting to know if that 77 does still exist.  We just need to figure out how to put out a world wide search and have every 77 owner check their data plate for that paint code.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 12:48pm
class of 77   Ex Member

Rick  I can't believe that someone would paint a new corvette chartreuse Cheesy. I'm sure if it's out there it's probably been repainted.     Bob

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 1:25pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Quote:
Rick  I can't believe that someone would paint a new corvette chartreuse Cheesy. I'm sure if it's out there it's probably been repainted.     Bob

Bob, I personally would not want and never would have ordered a chartreuse vette. Shocked But with one one in that color if I had it now, you can bet I'd be on every corvette forum on the internet letting everyone know I had it. Grin

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 1:42pm
class of 77   Ex Member

Dale, Not only would that color stick out Shocked but to have a one of one that would really make it stick out.  Bob

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 8:06pm
oz dave   Ex Member

I can see why there would only be one Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 6:43pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Cheesy"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 1:35am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

code 41 chartruese I was told was a special one only order for a wife of a GM executive, what I find hard to believe is why there was never any mention of the color in either first or second printing of the 1977 Corvette Brochure, you only find the color references in Mike Antonik's Corvette Black Book while I'm sure he did his research, I don't think Chevrolet would have assigned a code for a COPO or special order. it's the stuff of legends in my opinion.
................Chris

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 5:09am

Binnie   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Side Pipes Rock!

Chris, I often wondered if any of the paint manufacturers have a mix code for that color and paint code.

1977 ZZ4, 650 Speed Demon, 1.6 Rollers, Patriot Headers, TKO-500, Wilwood Brake Calipers & Master, Hydroboost, Hydraulic Clutch, Steeroids, Composite Monosprings, Bilstein Sports, DeWitts Rad

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.