Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

It's that time again! (Read 10967 times)
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 6:41pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

NCRS Winter Meet in Kissimmee, FL, Jan 26th thru the 30th.......I'll be there, as I have every year since 2003!  Any other members here going down to enjoy the weather & the many vendors??

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:12am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

thanks Mark for checking in!! keep us posted on how you make out! I wish you luck again this year!!
.........................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 5:17am
blue 77   Ex Member

Sounds like it should be a great time. Florida in the winter can't be bad. Roll Eyes  Are you having a vette judged by NCRS?

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 7:23pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

Quote:
Sounds like it should be a great time. Florida in the winter can't be bad. Roll Eyes  Are you having a vette judged by NCRS?

Dale

Hi Dale!

No, just going down with a buddy of mine to get away for a few days & check out all of the vettes & other scenery!  Wink  The '77 made 'Top Flight' back in '08, so I don't see the need to take it down again, but believe it or not, C5's will be coming up next for NCRS judging sometime in the next 3 or 4 years.  I've got my '01 Z06 with 5000 miles on it just waiting for it's 1st Top Flight!    Mark

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 5:42am
blue 77   Ex Member

Mark, Top Flight!! OUTSTANDING!! Wink

Most of us only dream about obtaining that with our vettes.  Would be FANTASTIC having it on 2 vettes you own.  Cool

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:49am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
Quote:

Dale

Hi Dale!

No, just going down with a buddy of mine to get away for a few days & check out all of the vettes & other scenery!  Wink  The '77 made 'Top Flight' back in '08, so I don't see the need to take it down again, but believe it or not, C5's will be coming up next for NCRS judging sometime in the next 3 or 4 years.  I've got my '01 Z06 with 5000 miles on it just waiting for it's 1st Top Flight!    Mark

Mark has been a valued member here since Nov 13th, 2002.
If they had a Top Flight for members here, he'd get that too.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:52pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

yellowjacket wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:49am:
Quote:
Quote:

Dale

Hi Dale!

Mark has been a valued member here since Nov 13th, 2002.
If they had a Top Flight for members here, he'd get that too.  Smiley

I really do appreciate that!   Smiley   

Was there this Friday & Saturday; great scenery and awesome weather, oh and the Corvettes were incredible.  But I saw only ONE '77 Corvette!  And this's the only show that I've been to there in FLA where I didn't see any '78 Pace Cars as well......

Also, there wasn't really no '75 thru '81 cars in the judging field.  I saw 1 '82 Collector Edition & that was it for the 'rubber bumper' cars.  I really was surprised.  But overall, the show was great. 

I did see in the vendors area a seller that had a complete / original (in great shape) 1977 emissions set up that included the exhaust manifolds, smog pump and the EGR valve; really would've been perfect for someone needing that for a '77 restoration. The asking price was $750.00.  Probably not to bad considering the condition and the fact that it was 100% complete down to the correct mounting bolts! 

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:55pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

Quote:
Mark, Top Flight!! OUTSTANDING!! Wink

Most of us only dream about obtaining that with our vettes.  Would be FANTASTIC having it on 2 vettes you own.  Cool

Dale

Dale,

I would think that 2014 or so will be when my Z06 will be eligible for NCRS judging; I can't believe that the car is already 11 years old.  wow. Talk about time flying!!  Hard to believe that yet another generation of Vettes, the C5's will soon be ushered into the world of the NCRS! 

Mark

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 9:09pm

blbeck   Offline
Top Gun Member
Charlotte, N.C.

Mark,
Glad you had a good time in Florida, I spent Saturday going to the mountains (Lake Lure) and Pickin up a Chevrolet OK neon/ porcelain sign .  I also found a nice 6 ft. "Be Sure with Pure" porcelain sign but  got chased off the property literally .
Bob Beck

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 8:59am
MDVZ06   Ex Member

blbeck wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 9:09pm:
Mark,
Glad you had a good time in Florida, I spent Saturday going to the mountains (Lake Lure) and Pickin up a Chevrolet OK neon/ porcelain sign .  I also found a nice 6 ft. "Be Sure with Pure" porcelain sign but  got chased off the property literally .
Bob Beck

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Bob, you better be careful!!!   We're gonna see you on TMZ or Fox News!!   I need to call you....

Best,
Mark

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 5:11am
blue 77   Ex Member

Quote:
the C5's will soon be ushered into the world of the NCRS!

Mark, how does NCRS decide when that time comes?  Is it a certain number of years after manufacturing or something else?

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:14pm
MDVZ06   Ex Member

Quote:
Quote:
the C5's will soon be ushered into the world of the NCRS!

Mark, how does NCRS decide when that time comes?  Is it a certain number of years after manufacturing or something else?

Dale

Dale,

I believe that 14 to 15 years have to pass (from their introduction year) before a  generation of Corvettes become eligible for NCRS judging. 

Bob can weigh in on this, but I think that that's the way it's been done in the past........

Mark

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 8:05am
blue 77   Ex Member

Thanks, Mark.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 6:33pm

jetmender   Offline
Top Gun Member
We have a 2002 "vette"
as well as two 1977s
Daytona Beach Florida

I only live an hours drive from Kissimmee and every year I say that I am going.  Several members of our vette club went this year but I was busy taking care of Diane as she had just gotten out of the hospital a month before.  NEXT year I am going for sure!!!!  Maybe I will see some of you there.  Cool

Robert & Diane's 77 & 02 Corvette
IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.