Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Fiero Seat Swap (Read 31639 times)
Oct 3rd, 2011 at 7:19am

Binnie   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Side Pipes Rock!

For those interested in going with the Fiero seat swap here is a link that you may find useful.

http://corvettec3.ca/fiero.htm

1977 ZZ4, 650 Speed Demon, 1.6 Rollers, Patriot Headers, TKO-500, Wilwood Brake Calipers & Master, Hydroboost, Hydraulic Clutch, Steeroids, Composite Monosprings, Bilstein Sports, DeWitts Rad

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 7:28am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

I like that and if mine weren't in such good shape, I'd consider it for sure. I saw the new topic and was going to post something but you beat me to it so I'll wait a few days and then post my interior. I have some mods and some touch ups to do.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 1:36pm

ms38w   Offline
I AM The Scorpion

I'm just curious why one would go from a Corvette seat to a Fiero seat.  Wouldn't that be a downgrade, like going from a Cadillac to a Chevy?  Or are the Fiero seats actually better in some way?   Huh

'02 Avalanche...408 stroker, heavily modified.

See my website at

ScorpionPerformanceRacing.synthasite.com
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 4:26pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Ian, it's because the seats in C3's weren't very comfortable after sitting in them for long periods.  The Fiero seats provide more lateral support and more comfort on long drives.  Being close to the same size the conversion is easier that some other options.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:35pm

ms38w   Offline
I AM The Scorpion

gottchya! Thanks.

'02 Avalanche...408 stroker, heavily modified.

See my website at

ScorpionPerformanceRacing.synthasite.com
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 9:04pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Ian, personally I'm with you though.  Comfort aside it does strike me as a Cadillac for Chevy trade. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 6:00am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

The Fiero seats were only made for 4 yrs & designed by LEAR just for this new mid engine car. They are far superior to the C-3 corvette seat in every way. They are sot after by many individuals that own older exotic cars. I have been using Corbeau seats in the blue vet for about 8 yrs now. These seats are so superior to the stock seats it's not even a close comparison. The Fiero seats are as good or better in that they are not as high as the Corbeau seats. You can car drive these cars for hours on end on country roads & feel just as comfortable at the end as when you began. Ask Mike how his back felt after out 160 mile cruise a few weeks ago.  WinkI guarantee that if you ever sat in these seats you would notice a high improvement.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 9:45am
blue 77   Ex Member

Alan, I agree the C3 seats are not comfortable for long periods at a time.Sad  I knew it was a comfort reason for the switch.Wink  Didn't realize they were that prized of a seat. Shocked  Just hard to accept that Fiero had better seats than Corvettes.Roll Eyes  Another example of how GM could have made the vettes better, but "cheaped out" in the final assemble of them knowing they could sell them regardless.Cry

Dale 

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 8:27am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I'm getting ready to order my Leather for the 77 Corvette. I found a Brown Leather that is pretty close & will have Yellow down the center of the seat. I'll be ordering from the Leatherhidestore.com , I've talked to them...sent them a sample & got samples back...so this is a 3-4 week process so far. Now I gotta talk to Mr Mike Smiley I did get the conversion brackets from Binnie & an extra set of seats in case I decide to convert the 68 over to Fiero seats.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 8:54am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

Cool. Hope they turn out how you like them and can't wait to see photo's.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:12am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

Would 78-82 Vette seats fit in older C-3's? I know my 79's seats are nore comfy than my 77's were.

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:29am

Binnie   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Side Pipes Rock!

Hi Jon.  Provided the seats are not power, they should fit.

1977 ZZ4, 650 Speed Demon, 1.6 Rollers, Patriot Headers, TKO-500, Wilwood Brake Calipers & Master, Hydroboost, Hydraulic Clutch, Steeroids, Composite Monosprings, Bilstein Sports, DeWitts Rad

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:05am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Maximus79 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:12am:
Would 78-82 Vette seats fit in older C-3's? I know my 79's seats are nore comfy than my 77's were.

Not in a 68...you want to trade Jon Cheesy
Alan Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:54pm by 68-73 »  
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:22pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

68-73 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:05am:
Maximus79 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:12am:

Not in a 68...you want to trade Jon Cheesy
Alan Smiley

Nah! You dont want blk/red,do ya?  Wink

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:14am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I ordered my material yesterday after much searching...it's very hard to find leather & vinyl in the 77 corvette Brown. I went to a local furniture upholster & he put me on to this http://coast2coastleather.com/content/html/products/green/eco_earth/green-eco-fr...
The Chocolate EC06 is as close as I could find...it looks real strong...so on to the next faze
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.