Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

replacement door panels (Read 6864 times)
Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:05pm

vics71   Offline
Bainbridge Island Washington

Got my new door panels this weekend from Corvette America. I ordered them there because they were the least expensive and claim to make them themselves. They have a video of how they are made and that is what sold me. They look great and the color was a perfect match to the rest of the trim. Ordered the basic panel and had to transfer the armrest trim and door plate which was no big deal. One thing I didn't like was you have to cut out where the window crank and door handle go through. Also have to cut where the door pull attaches. Wasn't that big of a deal but hate to take a razor knife and start cutting on something brand new that costs a few bucks. Got the drivers side on and it looks great. Would definately recommend them to anyone looking for a replacement.
Vic

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:07pm
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

Great. Be sure and take a photo or two so we can see how they turned out.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:21pm

vics71   Offline

OK just finished installing the new door panels. Was a fairly easy project and like I said earlier I'm very happy with the panels from Corvette America. Here's a couple of before and after pictures including a previous home repair. (I hope)
Vic

miscellaneous_004.jpg (28 KB | 205 )
miscellaneous_004.jpg
miscellaneous_007.jpg (27 KB | 230 )
miscellaneous_007.jpg
miscellaneous_001.jpg (28 KB | 248 )
miscellaneous_001.jpg
miscellaneous_012.jpg (28 KB | 281 )
miscellaneous_012.jpg
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:24pm

vics71   Offline

I can see that I havn't quite figured out how to post pictures yet. They seem to be backward. If you click on the picture it gets smaller and is much clearer. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Vic

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:12am by 68-73 »  
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 4:10am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

First up load the pictures to somewhere like photobucket , them attach a link. make sure the picture in 800 X 600 in size. I'll post a picture in your link. Go look at what I did
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 6:04am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

it's the way you have them saved. I use photobucket. makes it easier. Those look just like mine except I don't have the holes for the crank.

Charlie

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.