Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
powersteering leak (Read 16203 times)
Reply #30 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 6:04am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

I hear ya. Over the weekend when I pulled the cover off my car, it got hung on a crack in the front bumper and it pulled a huge chunk of it off. a good 3in by 8in strip. I tried this rubber bumper repair kit I had to mend it back and decided to bondo the damn thing flat and cover the entire top with blue duct tape. looks ok from 8-10ft away but up close it's bubba'd to the max. Was just fixin to buy heads, carb and a new cam too. Now I'm not too sure.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #31 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:11am

Theo the Venlonaar   Offline
I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

that sucks, I got stuck with my trousers on the stingray decal on the left fender. My trousers is teared apart and now I only have sting on the fender, ray is gone. But that happened some while ago.

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:50pm
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

I know you were pissed off about that. Just the way it goes.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #33 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:18am

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

well, this nut received a nut in a nutcase today. Now can this nutty nut go on installing the nut.
Nuthing will stand in my way.

IP Logged

Reply #34 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:42am
blue 77   Ex Member

Good attitude, Theo. Smiley

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #35 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:14am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

I always hit the threads with a wire wheel before I re-assemble. especially something old and encapsulated like the pitman arm. I use loc-tite and anti-sieze as much as possible too.

Glad you got it in Theo.
Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #36 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 3:26am

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

the nut was perfect, now it's time to change some rubber bushings of the rear suspension

IP Logged

Reply #37 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 5:22am
blue 77   Ex Member

Progress.  Feels good.  Right, Theo?

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 6:21am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

What are you looking at now Theo, strut bushings? Mine were so bad that the tires started tilting on the top. was going to order some but my quick fix worked so well, I forgot I still need them. Took mine off and went to home depot and bought a 6in piece of black rubber dishwasher hose, trimmed it and fit inside the strut and I was amazed at how well it fit. probably going to be a pain to get it out like the stock stuff but I'll go to polly when I get around to it.

So have you balanced the valve and got it back on the road yet?

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:57am

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

Yes Dale, feels good. Today I struggled with the strut rod bushings. Must have been the original since 1973, hell what a job to get them loose...  I also am replacing the spring rubbers. Then I'll mount the steenless steel parking brake set with new shoes.
I let the engine run today and drove the car a few meters/yards (don't have a dutch title yet, can't go on the road for a testdrive)  I balanced the valve with the front wheels jacked up. This only took 1 minute or so...  I'll find out if it's done right as soon I hit the road one of these days.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 12:02pm
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

Theo,

as long as you can turn the wheel all the way each way with the car on the ground and it doesn't fight you then you're probably OK. However, if it starts pulling to the right or the left while driving, I'd check the valve adjustment before I took it to the alignment shop.

I've had my car almost 2 years and never got around to changing the title over. really plan on doing it next week though. Tired of looking in my rearview for cops all the time. Need to do it to get out of the other guys name too. I'l probably be pissed if it was the other way around.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #41 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 1:45pm

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

With dutch title I mean the licenseplate (number) and the paperwork that comes with it. It doesn't have a dutch registration yet. I'll get it as soon  as the car is roadworthy. ( I drove 2 times to the DMV allready with a special 1 day lisence, and 1 time to a garage with a special garage lisence plate and of ofcourse a few illigal tours, haha)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.