Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Problem Logging In (Read 4662 times)
Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:48am

Bill Davies   Offline
Colorado Springs, CO

I am having a problem logging in. I type in my Email, ID, or User name and my password, and the screen just goes back to the top and I still see the "folder" icon next to the forum sections. It doesn't give me a message saying I typed my password wrong or anything. I purposely used an incorrect password to check this and it did give me a message saying I typed it wrong.

So it seems the forum knows it's a good Email/password combo, but it still won't give me the flashing button thingies or the ability to post.

En order to log in, I have to click on the "Forgot Password" button and then follow the link from the email it sends me.

I'm posting from work (shhhhhh don't tell anyone. lol) I have no idea how the web access is set up or if that would even make a difference.

Any ideas?

v/r

Bill
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:10am
blue 77   Ex Member

Wow Bill!  Personally never had that problem at work or home. Shocked  Hopefully, Jack, Alan, or Binnie will see this and chime in with the solution to your problem.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:23am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

The internet, forum or host was having a problem this afternoon. If it continues we will figure it out. The internet has been somewhat goofy lately. Huh
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 11:03am

Bill Davies   Offline
Colorado Springs, CO

I still have to click "Forgot my Password" and follow the link from the email to log in and see the New Post flashy thing and en order to be allowed to post.

It also does it from home where I have a typical cable modem/wireless router/laptop with built in wireless card set up.

Bill
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 1:20pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Bill, man that's really weird! Shocked  There has to be something going on there.  Hang with us on the forum, because I know one of the guys can get it figured out for you.  It shouldn't be that long a road just to log in here. Sad

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 12:49pm
grunt99   Ex Member

I get the exact same thing, and am doing the same workaround (forgot password link).  I thought it was because I'm a new member maybe.  But it does treat a wrong password differently.  It seems to just not do the login.  No error is produced, but the LOGIN button is at the top again.  If you're logged in, it usually says LOGOUT there.  And of course there is no User CP, etc.  But if you enter a wrong password, it does give an error.  Weird!  Cry

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:57pm
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

It's probably one of things. I'm Sure Alan can figure it out soon for you.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 5:14am
grunt99   Ex Member

Yeah as long as I can get in somhow it's all good  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 5:29am
blue 77   Ex Member

You might contact Alan (Knotacare) by PM to see if he can help you with this.  It shouldn't be that much trouble to log in. Shocked

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 5:48am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

What browser are you using? Also what search engine?
Install CCcleaner (it's free) & clean those cookies up.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 6:55am
grunt99   Ex Member

I'm using IE8, I'll have a look at the cookie cleanup tool.  I'll try changing my PWD again too.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 9:02am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
I'm using IE8, I'll have a look at the cookie cleanup tool.  I'll try changing my PWD again too.

Let us know if you get it fixed.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:03pm

hopeandchance   Offline
The only american made
sports car
carrollton texas

I am a newbie, but Ive got to say I must not be very sharp cause this web site is the hardest I have ever encountered. I cant figure out where to as my question

IP Logged

Reply #13 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:07pm

hopeandchance   Offline
The only american made
sports car
carrollton texas

Ill try this.  Need desperately to communicate with someone that has actually changed out head light door frame on my 77.  the frame came out in two pieces as it was broken but now am trying to get replacement in, in one piece.  Locally, a lot of opinions but no solutions yet. Please help

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.