Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
New Paint (Read 20256 times)
Reply #90 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 4:30pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Personally I don't care much for the GM rally wheels.  Guess they were okay but a good set of aftermarket wheels always helped to improve the looks of any car. JMHO

The 17" AR wheels on the '73 would be a killer upgrade from OE style. Smiley

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #91 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:02am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

You might want the feel of a taller tire in the 68. with your suspension, i'm sure it's rigid enough already and it might be a bit squirlly with the low pro's. I'm sure if you get bored one weekend you can swap them and see what you like best though.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #92 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 9:53am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

How did I know you would be driving the 73 more that the others.........................Enjoy................jack

IP Logged

Reply #93 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:23am

VETTE 1977   Offline
1977 L82 4 Speed
Southern Ontario, Canada

Alan:

Great job! Looks great all polished up. Now the fun begins.

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #94 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 9:18am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Alan
The car is just so beautiful that words cannot describe it.  I think I would be afraid to drive it now but that is my way with every vehicle that I own except my old pick up.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #95 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:54am
seventyate   Ex Member

Alan, car looks good.  With 3 of them it's hard to get enough driving time in on each and if you are like me one becomes the favorite.
Ed

IP Logged

Reply #96 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:27am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

My favorite will always be the 68. I've never driven a car I enjoyed more. With 17" tires I think it would handle like a new vet..I can already blow  them off the road in a straight run. But I enjoy driving them all. Took the 67 Dodge out last week & left some marks along the way Grin it gets the trophy for the worst gas mileage 5- 7mpg. So at $4+ become an expensive toy.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #97 - Sep 17th, 2012 at 5:40am
blue 77   Ex Member

68-73 wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:27am:
My favorite will always be the 68.

If I had a vette like your '68 it would be my favorite too. Wink

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #98 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:04pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Wow! Was I ever out of the loop here.

First, a belated Congrats on the 45th anniversary. You two are a vanishing breed anymore.

Second, that is a fantastic looking 73 now. Red always look good on Corvettes.

Third, Nothing can beat the Blue Monster... that one will always be my favorite Corvette of them all. And I got to ride in it too.  Cheesy

Very, very sorry for being so late.

IP Logged

Reply #99 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:24pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Don't sweat it you got lots on your table now...at least you are moving in a positive direction Wink Got my wife's SS in the shop now being painted on the left rear quarter. Seems like I've been around that paint shop quite a bit this yr. This is the 8th car he's done for me over the years...I think I deserve a free pass Grin
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #100 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:41pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Jack, glad you are able to catch up on this. Wink

yellowjacket wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:04pm:
Red always look good on Corvettes

Yes,
RED
does look great on a Corvette.  I've always heard all Corvettes should be
RED!
Roll Eyes  Of course, I feel that way about
BLUE!
Grin Grin Grin

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #101 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:32am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Quote:
Jack, glad you are able to catch up on this. Wink

yellowjacket wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 2:04pm:
Red always look good on Corvettes

Yes,
RED
does look great on a Corvette.  I've always heard all Corvettes should be
RED!
Roll Eyes  Of course, I feel that way about
BLUE!
Grin Grin Grin

Dale

Well, Alan has BOTH!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #102 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 11:12pm

Theo the Venlonaar   Offline
I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

Alan, do I see a chrome trim around the rear window of your red vette??

IP Logged

Reply #103 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:44am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Yes & it has a removable rear window Cool   very rare for a 73 ...it was called a Jack mod
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #104 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 6:36am
TX 73 gone   Ex Member

I would have liked to have done the removable rear window mod when I had mine. that time I had to remove it and re-seal it cause my sub whoofers rattled it loose, I drove around without the window and it was cool. kinda like a beer window. would be cool if you could make it electronic and move up and down like a side window.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.