Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Withdrawal-Ease??? (Read 3264 times)
Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:58am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

getting some weird stuff on our banners here but whatever pays the bills huh. I usually click on them to make my share of hits. Even bought something from X-heli which was on a few months ago. I can tell you this, and yes from recent experience, opiate withdrawal is no joke. I was on vicodin for my back for about 3 years and got sick if I stopped or even cut back. was tired of being looped out so I got on suboxone. $400 each month and did that for another 2 years. trouble was my doctor never spoke about weening me off, just kept giving me the same. after a while, I had no energy, falling asleep at work in the afternoon and completely miserable. So, july 1 I did my own weening and I spent a good 40 days wigging out, no sleep, lost 20 lbs and constant diahrea. However, today is day # 21 with nothing at all and I've felt great for over a week now. Gained about 10 lbs back and I'm awake during the day and can sleep at night. wish I would have seen this add sooner though, just might have helped with some of the symptoms. it was 45 days of complete hell and I wish that on no man. Funny thing, I broke my pinky toe a couple weeks ago and the doctor asked me what I wanted and I said ASPIRIN !

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 1:46am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Medara, California

Charlie,
Congrats on your 21st day Cheesy and hope you have MANY more. Glad to hear your doing well going through this transition and I wish you the best of luck.
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 3:08am

68-73   Online
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Charlie I know what you are going through & it's a day at a time ...keep up the good work...you should be very proud of yourself. Smiley
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 8:03am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

Thanks guys. I feel a little guilty posting this but it wasn't like I was hanging out on the street corner trying to buy this stuff. Just had a greedy doctor that treated me like a rat coming back for it's pellet. they called a few times after I cancelled my next appointment and offerend me a discounted visit but they got the middle finger for sure. I'm sure they will find some other poor bastard to rake over the coals though. I'm tempted to bring my schedule I made and tape it to their front door. will post it on the sites for sure. Bad thing is some folks have been off for months and still suffer so I'm truely one of the lucky ones.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 5:08pm
blue 77   Ex Member

Continued success and progress, Charlie.  Hang in there.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 5:58pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

charlie
Sounds like you made a great decision to get off of the meds. That doctor needs to have a foot up his ass for not recognizing what was happening to you.  Keep up the good work.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 9:53pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Hang in there Charlie,
Sounds like you are on a road to recovery!
SCott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 6:51am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

Thanks guys. Bad thing is I get labeled as addict but I never abused and still had to go thru the hole deal anyway. Oh well, such is life. Had I been like Ozzy, taking 20 to 30 pain pills a day and then went thru it, I doubt I would have said anything.

lesson learned, be careful what you put in your mouth, regardless who's giving it to you.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 5:30pm

MONKEYWRENCH202   Offline
Top Gun Member
GETTING THERE IS HALF
THE FUN!
MAPLE RAPIDS MICHIGAN

Vicotin is poison, I know first hand the destruction that crap can cause.

You have made a smart move, and the DR. will get a visit from Karma someday.

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.