Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Body Kit Gives C7 Round C6 Taillights For “Retro” Look (Read 2730 times)
Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:50pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:40pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well that didn't take long!! I hope it's true, because the C-7 should've had round tail lights!! and judging by the article it was probably written by the doofus who plastered those Camaro lights onto the C-7! Nostalgia is fine and I am not "wallowing" it's just one of the many TRADITIONAL styling cues that seperates Corvettes from other cars!
..........................Chris   Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:45am
blue 77   Ex Member

The round lights are the one thing I think GM should have carried over to the C7.  Once I get past that I will be able to accept the C7 as the future coronation of the Corvette line.  Change and improvement are necessary and appreciated, but you still should have ties to the past and history of the car. Just my 2 cents.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 7:41am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I like the round lights too.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:14am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Is it surprising they want $2800 for them though?

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 5:05am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Maximus79 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:14am:

no Jon,
like the car itself, they will come down in price once the intial surge is over why not try to make a quick buck?
.................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 10:32am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"

Smiley Wink

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 4:03am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Maximus79 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:14am:

no, for 2800 you are geting a whole rear fascia to bolt on. so, 2800 is not too bad imho.
............Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 6:55am
TX 73 stock   Ex Member

imagine that, looks like a vette now. I'll bet by 2015, the round lights will be standard and the camaro lights will be offered in the kit.

Charlie

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 5:07pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

ve77er wrote on Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:40pm:
well that didn't take long!! I hope it's true, because the C-7 should've had round tail lights!! and judging by the article it was probably written by the doofus who plastered those Camaro lights onto the C-7! Nostalgia is fine and I am not "wallowing" it's just one of the many TRADITIONAL styling cues that separates Corvettes from other cars!
..........................Chris   Smiley

Well the C6 did away with the hidden headlight so this is just completing the front / rear look...

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Nov 6th, 2019 at 6:53am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Now here is an old post! LOL!
Scott

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.