Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
My paintjob! (Read 18125 times)
Reply #90 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 6:47am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Both were painted a Mazda colors & I'm not into painting. I will see Harry next week & ask him what kind of paint he used. He has 3 c-3's  & a c-4 ...has been painting vettes for over 30+ yrs. Seems like a different one every time I stop over.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #91 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 9:38am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Most paints today dry by chemical reaction by using a catalyst. More so with the clearcoat than the base coat. If it were lacquer or enamel which I doubt, they dry by solvent evaporation. With those you can run into trouble if they are not left to gas out. A paint booth with a drying system speeds up the process............jack

IP Logged

Reply #92 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 11:30pm

Theo the Venlonaar   Offline
I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

he waited about a half a hour between the layers
We didn't use a waterbased paint.

IP Logged

Reply #93 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 7:22am
TX 73 gone   Ex Member

I used the 3 part when I did the front bumper and it was dry in a few hours. Bad thing is you can't leave it in the gun or make a bottle of touchup because it dries up solid even if it's in an airtight container.

That reminds me of an old movie Used Cars. Manual, is that water based paint? Chure, we don't get much rain around here:)
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2013 at 7:23am by N/A »  
IP Logged

Reply #94 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 12:35pm

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

Mounted and adjusted the headlights, almost as difficult as the Opel GT headlights Wink

IP Logged

Reply #95 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:03pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

...and to do it without scratching the new paint is a feat in itself.

IP Logged

Reply #96 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 6:59pm

basketcase   Offline
Top Gun Member
One Day She will run,
oh yes she will!
Herndon, Virginia

Brilliant Theo, I am so envious.  The paint really lets my project down but one day.  That is really a lovely color.

1977 Burgundy Corvette.  In the middle of a restoration.
Currently, 3.36 gears, VBandP composite monoleafs, KYB shocks, built thm400 trans, 383 stroker engine, custom  headers, bumble bee paint scheme on the suspension.
Currently working on new body.
IP Logged

Reply #97 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 11:36am

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

Maybe I should change the subject into build off instead of my paintjob Cheesy

Changed the medium saddle carpet for dark brown carpet. Bought some square meters and started cutting. Looks great. Have to do some extra work on the cutting edges. My blue 73 is becoming an eyecatcher
What do you think, dark brown matches well, doesn't it?

IP Logged

Reply #98 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 9:58am

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

almost finished the carpet issue. Also did the doorpanels. Now I've to find the right Skai leather for the dash. The hood is mounted, but needs some more adjustment

IP Logged

Reply #99 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 11:19am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Looks Great Theo. I like how you covered the window crank hole...............jack

IP Logged

Reply #100 - Oct 25th, 2013 at 11:46am

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

jack, the previous owner did that, guess the panels are not the Original.

IP Logged

Reply #101 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 5:23am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Well someone could have changed the manual windows to power. Or they found manual door pads in better condition.
  I changed my 73 that Alan owns now, from manual to power windows....................jack
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2013 at 5:24am by Artsvettes »  

IP Logged

Reply #102 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 12:34pm

I Love my Corvette and
Opel GT!
Venlo, Netherlands

Mounted the t-tops weatherstriping, next thing the doorstriping .

IP Logged

Reply #103 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 2:35pm
seventyate   Ex Member

Great work Theo.
Ed

IP Logged

Reply #104 - Dec 10th, 2013 at 2:45pm
TX 73 gone   Ex Member

coming along nicely Theo.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.