Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Car for wife? (Read 2644 times)
Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:15pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Medara, California

Was looking at this for the wife Wink any input???

-3855462979@sale.craigslist.org?subject=-*-*-*-*-*-*-*%202004%20CORVETTE-*-*-*-*
-*%20-%20%2413000%20(MODESTO%2C%20CA)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fmodesto.craigslist
.org%2Fcto%2F3855462979.html%0A
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:19pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Medara, California

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 3:07am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Looks like a nice car & will get outstanding gas mileage on the highway. Like all get a car fax report & have it looked over by an expert.  Remember engine, trans & electronics especially.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2013 at 5:11am
blue 77   Ex Member

Mark, it looks like a really nice car.  Though personally I'm not into the graphics on the rear quarters. Undecided  Before buying you need to inspect it in person looking at everything you can think of that MIGHT be a problem.  I also would never buy a car without a professional going over the vehicle to check it out.  There is just too much that be can be wrong and can be hidden to take the financial chance on one.  Better to be safe by checking it out than sorry you didn't.

However, good luck with this.  Hope the wife enjoys it.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 6:24am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

That is a pretty car!
Assuming you get a carfax and the car is indeed clean, most of these are very nice and reliable if cared for. Watch the headlights ability to go up and down. The gears are plastic and tend to wearout. Push every button and see that it does as asked. The C4's had electronic issues that plagued them over time but I've not heard of the same issues with a C5.  If you have an OBD II reader you can scan the engine and it's sensors to insure all are in spec. Make a note of expensive but wear items like the O2 sensors, MAS, etc. If you have the spec on a cheat sheet, most good OBD II readers can tell you how things are.

As suggsted, and expert is great but if you are a car guy you can see a LOT for yourself. Watch the usual, oil condition, tranny fluid condition and smell unless it is a stick, tire condition etc. about the tires, make sure they are all the same brand and have normal wear for condition. Folks sometimes put cheap rubber on to save a buck. Might indicate how well cared for the car is. Had a buddy recently buy a used ford. Car had one type of tires on passenger side and another on the driverside! Yikes!

Basic car care also helps. Check the carpet behind the seats. If it is generally clean, sweet! If it is nasty dirty, I'd think to myself why? Check for paint over spray where fenders, doors, hood, headlights, etc meet. All the rubber should not have ANY paint on it!

Just sayin'!  Grin

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 3:16am
seventyate   Ex Member

Nice looking car.  If you get it good luck with your purchase.
Ed

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:28pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Medara, California

Wife wants to wait on getting her another car. Said she would like to get our vette back on the road first Cheesy WOW! I love this woman  Grin starting next week, it will be my main focus. And Dale I'm with you,  the graphics were not my style Tongue The C3 will always be the car for me Cool
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:10pm

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

My 79's for sale!

...... ...
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:52pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Medara, California

Jon
That's very tempting Shocked after I get my 80 back on the road, I'll see what she wants to do. I got her bug back on the road, so she might want be to put more money into that and do that cal look. Just don't know Undecided
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 5:01am
blue 77   Ex Member

olddiver wrote on Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:28pm:
Said she would like to get our vette back on the road first Cheesy  WOW! I love this woman  Grin

Definitely makes her a
keeper
Mark! Wink  Good luck.

Dale

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:24am

Maximus79   Offline
Top Gun Member
"If you come to a fork
in the road,take it!"
Skagit Co.,Washington State

olddiver wrote on Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:52pm:
Jon
That's very tempting Shocked after I get my 80 back on the road, I'll see what she wants to do. I got her bug back on the road, so she might want be to put more money into that and do that cal look. Just don't know Undecided
....Mark

Well,you ARE a bit closer than most of our members!  Grin

...... ...
IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.