Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

got a new buffer (Read 1095 times)
Sep 1st, 2013 at 1:29pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I ordered  a  Cyclo Model 5-Pro Machine Polisher last week & finally got to try it out this morning. I've always used a 7" air polisher & you have to be careful & you always get swirls. This thing is amazing. You can use one hand, no swirls & you can go over edges plus it gets in tight spaces.
I got it from http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-59-machine-polishers-and-kits.aspx I got the basic kit. Never thought the blue vet could get a better shine... Cool Tried it on the Dodge first & that paint is pretty bad ..it was amazing the difference it made. We are going to see Binnie in a few weeks & taking the Blue vet ...guess I'll have to take some dark sunglasses for him to ware now Grin
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 1:48pm

Tim-Texas   Offline
Killeen, TX

Just took a look at the link, looks very cool, think Ill put it on my wish list for Christmas... Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2013 at 1:49pm by Tim-Texas »  

Tim

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 11:09am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I used the polisher on the 68 last week & the 73 yesterday. Then finished them off with a good wax, all in the shade. Took me around 5 hrs for each car. But the results are nothing short of amazing. No swirls & they both look like glass. Anyone could use the polisher with professional results. With the 7" polisher you have to be very careful as you can easily burn the paint or worse.
Smiley
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.