Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Lowest 1977 production number (Read 4056 times)
Reply #15 - May 31st, 2014 at 2:41am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Nice link ..I fixed your link for the birthday calc Wink
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #16 - May 31st, 2014 at 8:24am

OZDAVE   Offline
Gold coast Australia

Ok thanks.
I just copied the post from the Australian corvette association site.
You can move it if you want to.
Cheers Dave

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 10:08pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

if memory serves me correctly Jack's YellowJACKet's VIN was 209 which made him the lowest production number on the Forum Alan's (My former) 1977 was second with the number 242. I enjoyed researching that car's history and it had a lot of history as I was the 5th owner and when I bought it in 2004 it had a scant 48576 on the odometer. it was and still is in great shape and very close to being in it's original factory condition given the number of different owners the car has had that in itself is pretty amazing
.......................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:22am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Took it out this morning to the bank & post office, it ran like new ..even used the air conditioner for awhile to get it circulating. Probably one of the best running original 77's out there. Even got a few thumbs up Cool
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:56pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

68-73-77 wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:22am:
Took it out this morning to the bank & post office, it ran like new ..even used the air conditioner for awhile to get it circulating. Probably one of the best running original 77's out there. Even got a few thumbs up Cool
Alan Smiley

I don't think I have to tell you Alan what that car meant to me for you know first hand how much I loved that Corvette, but, in 2007, when things turned bleak economically for us and we were forced to make hard choices (things like that happen) it served us in another manner I am happy to still see her here on this Forum and also happy to know a guy who can appreciate the car for what it is owns her! no doubt, you have taken what I and Bob ( C-17 Jetmender) had and made her even better heck, just the fact the A/C is operational once again is proof of that--btw, when I owned it it was thought that there was a vaccumm leak in the door actuators not allowing the blending door to close and thus letting some heat by pass into the cabin, if you remeber we took the car to a friend of yours and he checked out the system and said it was holding the old R-12 just fine and that was what he thought was going on, was that the problem?
......................Chris  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:57pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 5:26am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

The old R-12 was not holding  so I converted it to R134. I also installed a cutoff valve to stop hot water from going through the heater. I open it once a month to circulate the water.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 2:48pm

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

My old 77 that I gave to my daughter was built on 12 - 76. Don't remember the day. I remember the 12 76 only cause my son was born on 12 28 76................jack

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2016 at 9:40am

mstinmn   Offline
I Love my Corvette!

I have an early build 77, aug 24 '76  and it does have the red engine in it.    Kind of cool to learn the little differences in them.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:16pm

Ed Marynik   Offline
I Love my Corvette!

My 77 was born on August 17, 1976 and has a VIN # 294. It is Dark Corvette Red with a Smoke interior

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.