Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

CORVETTE MUSEUM (Read 1687 times)
Feb 12th, 2014 at 6:26am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:02am by wnmech »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 7:56am

jetmender   Offline
Top Gun Member
We have a 2002 "vette"
as well as two 1977s
Daytona Beach Florida

That is too bad.  I was there back in 2009 for their 15th anniversery.  We even got to meet 2 of our fellow C-3 Forum friends while we were there.  I hope the cars are recoverable and the hole as well as the cars can be fixed.  We have a lot of sink holes down here so I know how they can act.

Robert & Diane's 77 & 02 Corvette
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:36am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

That's  very sad to see & hear this. The whole place might be in danger Lips Sealed
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 1:48pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Ah... I saw that too. Remember we all were there 6-7 years ago... so it hit home.

Just forwarded the email to Alan, not knowing it was here already.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 3:58pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

I just found this drone video on youtube a few minutes ago showing the cars in the sinkhole.
Rick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEDwOidW_Q

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 7:19pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Dang! I see one of my favorite Corvettes down there, the 1993 40th anniversary ruby red...

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:07pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Remember Mike Plumb? He posted just tonight about the Corvette Museum. I posted that he hasn't been on our forum since 05/13/11 at 3:29am

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 6:52am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

yellowjacket wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:07pm:
Remember Mike Plumb? He posted just tonight about the Corvette Museum. I posted that he hasn't been on our forum since 05/13/11 at 3:29am

Here is the response I got from Mike on FB:

Quote:
Michael wrote: "I forgot my password and passion. I love vets but needed to move on for a bit. Old Red has been under a blanket at a local garage. She is cranked once a month for thirty minutes and small details are being done as issues arise. I need to change all the vacuum lines for the headlights but plan to wait for warmer times. I do miss many of the good people I met at the forum and still think of them often. Mike"

Seems that FB is Mikes main forum now.

« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2014 at 6:55am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 1:13pm

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

I am glad to hear that Mike is doing well hope to have him back to a semi regular poster.  News said this morning that GM is going to over see the restoration of all the damaged cars back to their original state.  I guess that is a good thing but in my eyes these cars were only original once and hopefully after they are restored they will  have a photo the car posted next to it showing the damage that they all suffered.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:54am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

GM stance is "if it's broke fix it" Lucky there were no visitors around it could have been worse.............jack

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 5:40am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

looks like the ZR-1 fared the best, the 1 millionth got buried under the black 1960 2 of the cars were on loan from GM the other 6 were owned by the museum. I am glad no one who had their car on loan there suffered any loss, don't know how I'd take that news! hopefully they can all be repaired.
...........................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 3:21am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

HA! Couldn't sleep at 2am, so I watched the show again on TV called AmeriCarna - Corvette Sinkhole... pretty interesting from beginning to end. My favorite Corvette, the 40th Anniversary was in that sinkhole too.

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.