Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
1993 40th Anniversary ruby red sold on Mecum for $8,500!!! (Read 6026 times)
Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 1:05pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73-77 wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:58am:
I'm seeing quite a few 93's around here from 9K-20K with most asking around 13K. Probably a good time to buy with winter setting in...
Alan Smiley

What are the mileage of those? Any of them with both tops or at least convertible (as I think I can add a hardtop later if I have to)
I want one that has a odometer of 25K original miles or less, less the better. I see many convertibles selling without the hardtop. There is provision for a hardtop later isn't there?

Now all I got to do is sell the Chrysler and I'm in the game of Corvettes.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2014 at 1:06pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:16am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

There is provision for a hardtop later isn't there?

yes Jack,
as with most Corvette convertibles, the remove able hard top would just latch to the windshield and rear pins would snap into the rear deck while the soft top would remain tucked under the rear deck lid.
.......................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 6:10am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

ve77er wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:16am:
There is provision for a hardtop later isn't there?

yes Jack,
as with most Corvette convertibles, the remove able hard top would just latch to the windshield and rear pins would snap into the rear deck while the soft top would remain tucked under the rear deck lid.
.......................Chris  Smiley

OK. Next question is, I wonder how hard it would be to find a Hard Top? Probably need to research this..

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 6:41am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

not hard at all, they are available at all the Corvette vendors Mid-America, Eckler's  ect. ect. for around $$1800.00

...................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 7:35am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Jack I wouldn't worry about the HT as you'll most likely use the soft top 99% of the time. To use the HT you'll have to invest in some type of lift mech in your garage. It's almost impossible to install by your self with out it.  Most women are not strong enough to help &  hold the HT up & out to go over the car. If you don't like the soft top you can replace it like I did for a few hundred dollars.
Alan

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 10:57am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

When you get there Jack,
You are welcome to come see my lifts in my garage. I have one for each hardtop. Makes installing the hardtop a snap. In fact I prefer to do it myself now as I can control the protection of my paint all by myself! LOL! Not that I don't trust others . . . . . . 

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:22pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well, I put the Chrysler Touring 200 S on craigslist this weekend and got a bunch of emails. I go "Wow!" maybe I got the price too low at $16,950. Then I found out I had it listed for $1695.  Embarrassed

Haven't had a bite since... this might take awhile as I'm not going to give it away.  Tongue

Chris sent me two extremely nice 1993 & 2003 Corvette brochures last week and boy, are they real nice... they don't have nice brochures like that anymore. Thanks Chris!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:26pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 1:04am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well, change of plans folks!  Shocked
Getting a low mileage 40th anniversary Corvette went out the window as I didn't get enough for my Chrysler when I sold it. So it is going to be a C3 again... but you know, I still like the C3 style better anyways... I just won't have enough for a chrome bumper one this time around.

Now I just got a real nice 1977 C3... so check the 1977 category for info on my new toy!
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2014 at 1:11am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.