Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

DO NOT Buy anything from Race-Mart in Tampa! (Read 1190 times)
Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:06pm

Eparmo   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Charles Town, WV.

I placed a purchase of a EFI system and parts at well over $3K on 5/29/2014 for my C3 project.
The item was marked as "Normally in stock", Of course I was instantly notified that the order would not be shipped until June 6. On 6/16.
I contacted them and was told the new date was 7/11! I was patient and waited for 7/11. On 7/11 I was told it would be 7/18. At that point
I notified them that if it didn't ship by COB 7/18 I wanted the order cancelled. Then I get told "You clicked on the special order policy"
agreement, so you can't cancel it, you can't get a refund, and you will need to wait until doomsday while we have your $3K. The problem is
that this wasn't listed as a "special order item", and I had no reason to believe any policy applied to this purchase, since I complained
they have changed it on their web site, to NOW show it's a special order item.

I've filed a dispute with my credit card, and Mr. Fink (the owner) is quite confident that it will get ruled in his favor thanks to his beloved "policy".

He is running a deceptive business, with deceptive advertising, and not doing business fairly. Yes he has a policy that he forces you to agree
to, however, his deceptive practice makes you believe he HAS the items in stock, and will ship them in a timely manner. Only AFTER you make a
purchase you discover that EVERY order is considered a "Special Order" and the items are NOT in stock as advertised. How can a person be held
to a policy that you had no reason to believe applied to you?

Race-Mart has a huge number of BBB complaints and negative reviews for doing this same thing to multitudes of consumers.

This is fraud by false representation.
I've filed a complaint with his local BBB, and the Federal Trade Commission, since his web is
considered Inter-State Commerce. I've also filed negative complaints on all my blogs, car club sites, Angie's List, plus others, and here.

It's operators like this that take the fun out of the hobby. I wish I had done more Due Diligence on this operation before I placed an
order. I thought I was helping a small business and saving a few dollars. If they had been up front and worked with me, it wouldn't be such
a big deal. But instead he decided to be an ass about it, and let me know he was glad he screwed me.... My turn...

Owned Ole EparmO since 1984! Rebuilt....How many times?
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:12am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

This Topic was moved here from Tech & Performance by Knotacare.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:24am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

It's to bad this happened, there a lot of bad vendors out there. Next time check with members we know who is good & who sucks. The good ones will bend over backwards to keep a customer happy.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2014 at 11:20am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 4:24am:
It's to bad this happened, there a lot of bad vendors out there. Next time check with members we know who is good & who sucks. The good ones will bend over backwards to keep a customer happy.
Alan Smiley

...in addition, I always check with BBB with any company the member here or I haven't dealt with before.  Wink

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.