Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

upclose and personal (Read 983 times)
Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:10pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

I see so many C-7's on the road these days in my neck of the woods it really is a great looking car on the road a guy close by just picked up a new convertible and I was fortunate enough to get a personal tour he traded in his 50th anniversary edition to obtain the C-7 the interior is downsized compared to the C-5/6's and rival the dimensions of the C-3's (which is just slightly larger and wider) the powerplant is typical Corvette the car's overall stance is very well balanced if I could afford one, I would buy one!
..............Chris  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2017 at 7:27pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:38pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

My new friend who is a pastor at a church I now go to has a brand new yellow one. AWESOME!

I posted pics of it a couple weeks ago somewhere here.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 12:28pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
Everett Wa

I agree, the C7's are a good looking car! Some folks would say they are nice but not really a "Corvette" Same thing was said in 67 about our C3's when the came out for the 1968 year.

However, getting over the looks, take a gander at the numbers! The new Z06 looks like a beast! The standard C7 is a beast in its own right!

I could see driving one some day!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:19pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Lemoore, California

Ever once in a while my wife talks about looking into getting a C5 for herself Cool around the 2002-2004 year. I've seem a few on craigeslist and average prices are around 15k. My knowledge on the C5's are limited so if she makes up her mind I'll be asking for some input Smiley but I'll keep my C3 Cool
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 7:59pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well, I finally got a chance to sit in a C-7 (after three years in production) if the car has the standard seats I can get in and close the door if it has the upgraded seats I just don't see how anyone over 6 feet tall can comfortably drive this car! it is very tight! now, granted, I am a big man but I can still drive the C-2, can get in and drive the C-3,C-5 and C-6 (The later two offer me the most interior room) the C-1 is tight due to the large fixed steering wheel as is the C-4 series due to the layout of the seats (the '94-96 have redesigned seats that offer more room) the C-7 is by far the smallest interior and the layout of the pedals are not conducive to a taller person driving comfortably. looks like if a Corvette is in my future it's back to a C-3 or a C-5/6 so, the "dream" of being an original owner is now a thing of the past unless the C-8 offers more room. time will tell
...................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 6:26am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Not all C-3's are the same either. The 68 is the smallest C-3 & the most comfortable I feel. I have a size 11W foot & plenty of space. The 73 is tight down in the foot area & the 77 is in between. I don't like the 77 turn signal & rear view mirror lever...I always hit it with my knee. After installing Fiero seats in them they became much more comfortable to ride in. The suspensions in the 68 & 73 are modified  & leave the 77 in the dust, there is no comparison even though I installed a sway bar on the rear of the 77. The 68 has stock manual steering & a BB, the 73 has power rack & pinion & a SB. The 68 is great for cruising but would be a bear to race on winding roads where as the 73 could be raced with one hand. As far as speed the 68 wins hands down at 130 mph it still has another gear & plenty of pedal & holds the pavement like it's glued down. The 73 gets squirrel y at around 100mph & feels like it wants to float. The 77 is dangerous at anything over 80mph. Just some observations I've made over the years. I guess I could make the 73 more responsive at high speeds, but don't have the ambition.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 10:37am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
Everett Wa

Yeah, my 69 was lowered and leveled.
Looked pretty nice to me except I had to avoid any speed bumps, etc.

at over 100 mph she was very floating.

I raised her in the rear giving her more of a nose down attitude and that pretty much cleared up most of the float feeling.

We love my wife's C6 and would love to drive a C7!!
The C6 sticks to the road like glue! At 135 mph topless she felt GREAT! Did not go faster as the targa top was off and whats left of my hair was getting pulled pretty hard!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:24am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

69Shark wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 10:37am:
Did not go faster as the targa top was off and whats left of my hair was getting pulled pretty hard!

Scott

Cheesy LOL!!! Grin

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.