Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
NEW MEMBERS (Read 5210 times)
Jan 11th, 2015 at 4:20am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

We want to welcome all new members & the old timers that stop in from time to time. For some of you that don't know this forum was started in 2002 by Jack (yellowjacket), & Binnie with Mike being there from the beginning. I joined in 2002 after purchasing my first vette a 68. Over the years many people have joined & left. We have made many friends here & shared a common interest & many more it seems. I became the owner of the forum several years ago & with the help of good friends we manage to keep it a great place to learn & share our knowledge & experiences with others. So to all who join new or old please be assured any question no matter how silly you may think it is will be respected & answered in a professional manner. So really don't ever be feel intimated about asking for advice, you will never see a disrespectful answer posted here.
Alan Smiley 

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 10:34am

wnmech   Offline
Top Gun Member
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grand Prairie Texas

Alan
Very well said. Great post reminding the new and old members of the history of the forum and how this is a great place to ask and share knowledge of the C3 and other vehicles.  It proves that bigger is not better when it comes to forums.
Rick

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 4:19pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Well said Alan!

I've made several wonderful lifelong friends on this forum with Alan and Rick who posted here being among them. Some great memories. I look forward to coming on this forum almost daily. (check my post count  Cheesy )

I've had great information on fixing or how-to's when I had yellowjacket for 10 years that saved me hundreds of dollars.

I just bought another Corvette from a friend I've met several times, Mike who Alan mentioned, a couple weeks ago.

So grab a cup a mojo and hang around awhile.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2015 at 4:23pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 6:28am

ualwizard   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
stl

Hi. New member. 73badvette. Finally bought my dream vette. 1973. but its a project. 60% done. ground up that guy grew tired of. I am a decent home mechanic but will have many issues im sure. Am looking forward to folks with lots if experence to get me thru this and on the road.Im west of  STL area . its not stock but thats ok.just want to b part of the classic vette culture and enjoy the ride.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 1:37pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum..post some pics when you get a chance.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 4:01pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Medara, California

Welcome! Once you are diagnosed with vette-I-tis you will not want to search for the cure Cool good luck and tell us about your ride Smiley
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 4:35pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Welcome indeed! You'll find everything you need here.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 2:29pm

Chadwicked   Offline
Ive got tons of questions!
Van Buren Arkansas

Greetings!  I picked up my dream car Sept of last year.  Got me a Classic White 1977!! I paid $3800 for the girl, and she drove the hour home, and hasnt left the garage since!  I rebuilt the carb, and removed an old Milesmaster Pressure Regulator that was leaking so far...I am no mechanic, but I'm a quick study and a fast learner!  Thanks in advance for regurgitating some knowledge my way.  Its my retirement car (I'm 29 now and need it drool worthy by 60 fellas!).  I'm not sure where to start... but I've got my work cut out for me.  Glad to be here!

corvette_001.jpg (119 KB | 95 )
corvette_001.jpg
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 3:24pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Medara, California

Welcome  Cool that's 207 dog years!! Plenty of time Undecided I'm sure it will be a rewarding journey Wink
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 12:26pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Chadwicked wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 2:29pm:
Greetings!  I picked up my dream car Sept of last year.  Got me a Classic White 1977!! I paid $3800 for the girl, and she drove the hour home, and hasnt left the garage since!  I rebuilt the carb, and removed an old Milesmaster Pressure Regulator that was leaking so far...I am no mechanic, but I'm a quick study and a fast learner!  Thanks in advance for regurgitating some knowledge my way.  Its my retirement car (I'm 29 now and need it drool worthy by 60 fellas!).  I'm not sure where to start... but I've got my work cut out for me.  Glad to be here!

Welcome! I like your attitude!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:59am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the form Chadwicked. As for where to start that's up to you. I do the suspension & breaks first, then the engine & drive train. Then any electrical problems & move on to the interior. Paint is always last for me. But before anything check for RUST or the whole thing becomes a waste of time.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 11:14am

TYRBRNR   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Brandon, MS

TYRBRNR - Have a '71 that has been asleep for around 8 years.  Got it running and STOPPING . . . working on headlight vacuum system now.  Should change to electric?  Car is not #'s matching - just got for a fun driver. Cool

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 7:57pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Medara, California

Welcome and sounds like you have a great car Wink glad you decided to join the best c3 forum ever. Being able to stop IS the most important thing for me Shocked
Good luck on your adventure Grin
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 11:57am

MY72CHEVY   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Newmarket, Ontario

Hey Folks, Checking in as I just bought a '72. I was reading through many of the interesting and informative posts here on the C3 Forum for the last month before I bought the car. So, I guess the next thing to do, is login as a member. Cheers!

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 3:44pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Medara, California

Welcome to the forum Wink and post pics of your vette when possible  Wink
....Mark

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.