Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
NEW MEMBERS (Read 6144 times)
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 4:16pm

Silvertone   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Kirkland, WA

Hi All, I saw Yellowjacket's profile while researching rear-end tricks online and decided to join because we have similar looking cars and he's in the same part of the country. I've had my California Red '77 for 30 years and recently decided to use it as a good platform for a street performance build.  Started off with the 486hp/385 stroker and SS700 5-spd to work with my 3.70 diff.  Now I'm 2/3 done with my GT inspired suspension ideas, but I need all the tips I can get from the pros.  Not looking to reinvent any wheels on my own here.  Glad to be part of this group!

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 8:20am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum, Jack (yellowjacket) traded that car away a few yrs ago...not a good experience. Sound like your  car is pretty close to my 73. Post some pics when you get a chance.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 9:11am

thefatguy   Offline
I Love my Corvette!

just joined, from honolulu hawaii. we have had a few C3's over the years, and currently have a 78 that we just put a 454 in last year, and a 79 that we are building a 350 for now.

everything from bare block assembly, trans, rear end, brakes, bushings, bodywork, etc.. is done at home by me, my wife or our 2 boys who just turned 18 last year. (i used to be a certified mechanic years ago, but made better money for less work tossing idiots out of bars).

i got a great if not weird sense of humor, and, like most of you im sure- i cant leave anything alone. even my kids bicycles are crazy whacked out homebuilt choppers. when i hit enough posts, ill put a few pictures up. aloha !

"if i cant eat it, ride it, drive it or f*ck it then i dont care"...
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 2:08pm

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum ...lots of humor here. Sounds like you have life figured out Cool or having fun trying.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:22am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Looking forward to some of your humor and welcome to the forum 'thefatguy'

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 6:32am

Tip   Offline
I Love my Corvette!

HI.
I am beginning a project on my 10th Corvette, a 1977.
Needing to know if the factory hubs will accept knockoff adapters so that I may run 1978 Corvette wheels as knockoffs.
I want that look.
Also, what brand of headers & sidepipes do you recommend for this year car?  Any luck with ceramic coating in the sidepipes?  Thank you!

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:20am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum Tip. Not exactly sure what you are asking as far as knock off wheel??? Pictures would help. As far as headers I don't like them in corvettes to much heat & they don't make much difference unless you have a very powerful engine & even then the stock manifolds work well. But if you are going the side pipe way you'll need them. Please reply in appropriate areas of the forum
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 3:39pm

GM 73   Offline
I Love my Corvette!

Hello, I live in southeastern Pennsylvania. Owned a 71 big block air coupe 40 years ago. Then came college, wife, kids, got a 70 and 69 GTO, they're gone. Always wanted another C3, so luckily I found a silver one in New Jersey, 350, 4 sp, air, the typical 73 car. No pb. I used to work at Hemmings Motor News and have been involved with cars for more than 40 years. Just put a new radiator in my 73. What a job. Great site.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 5:17am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum GM73. Post some pictures when you get time. You are close to several of us on the forum.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 2:08pm

Midlife Crisis   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Ohio

Hi my name is Pat,
        I recently purchased a base model 1977 Corvette. I paid $5300.00 for it. The young man I bought it from was going to college and needed the money. His father bought it new in 1977, it has 56,000 miles on it. It is my first Corvette and there is lots that I don't know about fixing and maintaining it. After I tuned it up it runs fine, I also fixed the flip up headlights. The a/c doesn't work and I think the heat is stuck on so there is a list of things that need done. Thanks for having me in your forum.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 8:36am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum Pat, like I always say post some pic'e when you have a chance.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:18am

Vette lady   Offline
I Love my Corvette!

Hi I'm new here. Just bought my first corvette, its a 77. I want to learn as much as I can from everyone here. I'll be posting some pics soon.

IP Logged

Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:19am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum & post some pics when you get a chance Cool
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #28 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 4:21am

varmit   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Near Clatonia NE

Hi, thanks for allowing me to join.  I live on 40 acres in SE Nebraska.  My wife just bought a 1981 C3 Corvette about a week ago and it falls to me to keep it up.  She may even allow me to drive it occasionally.  It has a few minor bugs like burned out lights but is otherwise mint and original.  Thanks in advance for all the help; I'll need a lot!  Dan.

IP Logged

Reply #29 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 7:25am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

Welcome to the forum Dan
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.