Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
77 Corvette Engines (Read 4152 times)
Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 7:03pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

Jack, your right it takes a carbon fiber type gear and that is about $119.00. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 7:06pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

NEXT  problem is now that I have this roller cam in and put on a set of new aluminum valve covers and I am having fun. The alternator hits the taller valve covers and that means I have no adjustment for the alternator.. Grin Got any words of wisdom for me. Huh

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 2:34am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

They will fit. Longer belt and different adjustment arm......jack

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 7:27am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

That seems a little price for that gear...thy here.
https://www.msdperformance.com/search/?q=melonized%20gear
Alan Smiley
I got them here for my 68 & 73 when I went to the newer elect dist.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 6:50pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

I got the info and now I have it all set up and the engine runs and has a nice sound, but and yes but, I put the alternator on and it hit the new taller valve covers. I get a foot ahead and fall three feet back. Has anyone had this problem and how can I solve it before I hit another wall.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 4:13am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I had a similar problem when I switched to a new alt on my 73. I fabed a new bracket. I put the alt in a better position, took a piece of cardboard & designed a bracket to fit. Then cut a piece of metal to fit...painted it black. You will have to get a larger belt most likely,,,most places will let you buy a few different sizes then return the ones that don't fit.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:32pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

Thanks Alan, that is what I did. I have a tig in my garage and I just fab one. I sure cant wait to get back in the drivers seat. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 5:18pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

I have a 1977 L82 and mine has a TH400 tranny. I have a bad line and need to replace it. Ecklers has the lines but they show a L82 with a TH350 and a L88 with a TH400 not an L82 with a TH400. Has anyone used the lines for a L88 TH400 on an L82 with a TH400? Do you think the bends will be close to the same?  Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 5:24pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

Alan, before I got into the cut and weld on my alternator bracket. I had installed the taller valve covers since I changed out the flat tappet cam for a roller with a high lift the old covers did not work. I got to thinking which usually caused me to need some Excedrin Grin and I pulled the valve cover off the side where my alternator is and I bought a belt an inch longer and put that on and tightened up the alternator and then put the valve cover back on. It clears and the cover will fit. Man was I given a break finally Cheesy.

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 4:28am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

It's nice when a plan comes together
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Jun 27th, 2016 at 5:49pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

So far a C3 L82 with the TH400 and a 350 engine must be the most unique and hardest to find car in the World.  I have asked almost all the parts people that sell parts on the internet (ecklers, summit, jeg,) and several others and there is no such animal and yet I have one in my garage. Maybe if it is so rare I could get $1,000,000.00 for mine. Grin
Ha,ha,ha, Wink

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 6:36pm

Tex51   Offline
I Love my Corvette!
Denver

I found a set of lines for a TH400 for a 75 with a small block. They ask if I have a short or long fuel pump. Since I have never seen the two fuel pumps side by side I have no idea if mine is short or long. I ordered the lines any way. I have a set of benders for steal tubing, if the fuel pump is the problem I can toss it and go electric. The electric is probably better any way. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.