Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Steering column/Braces (Read 1703 times)
Reply #15 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 6:14am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

olddiver wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 10:00pm:
Alan,
Found a place where they sell the complete assembly Cheesy
[img]
Thanks!
....Mark

I have replaced this bearing before, I think I got the from columnsgalore.com

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 8:42am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Hanford, California

Thanks Jack,
  I'll check them out and see if they carry the parts. Is so, I'll compare prices.
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:20pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

This is the new lower bearing on the steering shaft. Slipped on real nice. I did pack the bearing with some Premium Red Grease before the instal. Even with the crack in the plastic on the old one I think it could be used. ( at least for a short time )
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 9:00pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

Could anyone tell me what this is? It mounts on the tab right below the Cruze disengagement switch. Can't find any info, when I removed the brake bracket is was just hanging there and not correctly mounted Undecided
Thanks!
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:10am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Looks like the combination brake and cruise dump switch...................jack

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 7:57pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

Packed the new bearing and it slipped on nicely  Cool
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 8:24pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

I'm sure you know now that I packed the bearing and put it on the
steering column Embarrassed Tongue Undecided Nimrod of the year is within my reach  Roll Eyes
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 2:08am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

Will try to place the steering column in today and hope for no blown fuse Smiley
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:03pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

I did not know that you could install the steering column up-side down Undecided Undecided. It looks good but you can push the wheel down and touch the seat. If you push it up, it will only let you you put the wheel in-line with the column. Cowabunga!!! This love hate relationship has got to stop Embarrassed Embarrassed
I have the rest of the day to get this fixed Grin Cheesy Wink wish me luck Cool Cool
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 9:59pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

Working on adjusting the column and the rack and pinion Tongue not having much luck Cry maybe it's time to read the instructions Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:56pm

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Mine hit the headers when I turned had to do some grinding, but after much mico adjusting it finally came in...good luck.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Apr 15th, 2017 at 2:38am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

Thanks Alan, I'm sure I'll get it if I keep working at it Smiley just hard for me to bend over the fender, even for a short time Tongue
....Mark

IP Logged

Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2017 at 9:46am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
Hanford, California

Made a little progress and have the column in Wink it felt loose until I was able to tighten the support bracket.

Note: must be doing something right, logged on with NO issues and was able to post this. It's going to be a Great Day!!!!
....Mark

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.