Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Project '64 (Read 1136 times)
Reply #15 - May 8th, 2017 at 4:17am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

post a picture of the car so I can steer clear Shocked
Alan Smiley
In all seriousness I can say that cars that old are worn out probably from sitting than if they were driven monthly. All rubber is rotten & anything that needs grease or oil for lube is probably rusty or pitted. I would take out an insurance policy on this guy gotta be free money.

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 3:26am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

unbelievable but true! the owner sprung for all new parts that are needed $1,325.00 but, I told him before, I'm done dealing with it and he is currently shopping garages--good luck with that one! I gave him two Corvette specialty shops that WILL redo the car with parts supplied so, we'll see. there's just no motivation for me to get involved any further, I did the initial safety inspection, I got the thing running again, I coordinated the new tires and installation and disposal of the old ones I have over $150 of my own money into this (two tanks of gas and a few small parts) and, I made a thorough list and actually ordered (reimbursed) all the necessary required parts so, the ball as they say is in his court.
..........................Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 4:10am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I think you did the smart thing here. It takes a lot of labor to get these old cars in good shape again..the parts cost is minimal. I just spent around $800.00 dollars on your old 77 for a full frt end rebuild including a new alum radiator, but the labor would have been at least 20-25 plus hours & I seriously doubt most shops would have went into the detail I did.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 9:50pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73-77 wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 4:17am:
post a picture of the car so I can steer clear Shocked
Alan Smiley
In all seriousness I can say that cars that old are worn out probably from sitting than if they were driven monthly. All rubber is rotten & anything that needs grease or oil for lube is probably rusty or pitted.

That is what happened to the Corvette Mike sold me... it sat a few years in his mechanic garage and was neglected. I had so many problems, one thing after another and lots of $$$, I finally got sour and sold it. I will NEVER again buy a car that just sits and isn't driven.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.