Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

low lifes still exist (Read 288 times)
Mar 21st, 2017 at 8:24pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

Kim's Pacifica got hit (backed into) while parked at all places a church parking lot! no note left ......nothing! just a dent in the right hand rear sliding door, it didn't look too bad until I washed the van and then it was much worse than we initially thought the dent cover almost 3/4 of the door I took it to two different "dent removal" shops trying to avoid filing an insurance claim and they both said this will require a body shop to "re-skin" the door---wtf is wrong with people who can do damage to someone else's property and just drive away like nothing happened! there is certainly a lack of decency and respect in society these days! Kim does not want to file a claim but in looking at the door the lower part is actually cracked (looks like sheet metal skin on a composite frame) and I'm afraid if we let it go, it will just get progressively worse! it's always something!!!
.............Chris   Smiley Smiley Smiley (need more than one)

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 4:37am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Sorry to hear this Chris, but make sure you file a police report first. Then report it to the insurance co. I had something similar happen to me right after I got out of the USN in 1970. My wife had just purchased a 1967 Dodge Dart GT 2DRHT & I had parked it in a shopping center way out so it would not get hit. I came out of JC Penny's & saw a car back into my car & lift the frt wheels off the ground. I ran to the car but the other driver took off & was gone by the time I got to the car.  But I was lucky a guy came over & handed me a piece of paper with a PA licence # on it & said he saw the whole thing. He described the car & said it was a middle age black woman driving the car.  So I had a decision to make call the police or take matters into my own hands.  I decided on the later.  I found the car in Chester, PA & went up one nite & destroyed the car with a 10lb sledge hammer. Never regretted it & just wonder if she ever left the scene of an accident again.
Alan Smiley Smiley

We should meet for lunch again sometime Cool

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:26pm

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Chris sorry to the scums are still here, that is sad. I will buy you your first beer that day.

Hey can I get in on that lunch date? just hope it would be a Saturday. that's a great vette day
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 5:23am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Sounds good to me, I guess the Reading  area is about the same distance for every one. Any Sat that's not raining is good for me.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 8:25am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Chris that is sad but maybe, just maybe, it was a little old lady that shouldn't be driving at all. But drives only on Sunday to go to church..........jack   
  Living in an adult community, I don't venture out until noon.I want to give some time for their meds to kick in.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2017 at 8:17am by Artsvettes »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2017 at 6:35am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Artsvettes wrote on Mar 24th, 2017 at 8:25am:
Chris that is sad but maybe, just maybe, it was a little old lady that shouldn't be driving at all. But drives only on Sunday to go to church..........jack   

Very possible... I remember I had to take Mom car keys away three years ago at age 85 after she had her fourth parking lot incident, one was in a Church parking lot. At least she didn't leave, stayed until the person came out. Mom's always been honest. The last one she scrape the whole side of a car pulling out where she lived. Mom was upset she couldn't drive anymore, I hated being the bad guy.  Cry

On people dinging cars in parking lots, it happens all the time and they never leave a note. I had a couple good dings/dents on our SUV, bad enough that whoever did it, had to know they did it. I keep telling Iryn to park way out in the lot... but Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:57am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Hi Chris,
Sorry to read this.  Given the church parking lot I tend to believe with the others that the offender may not even know they did it.

There are good folks out there too.
My daughter drove a very nicely restored VW Sun Super Beetle. Yup, sadly she was hit at the University of Wa Parking lot. The offender left a note! Then failed to respond for two weeks of her attempts to communicate. I was recommending a police report.

Finally the kid called! It seemed the family went on vacation and he could not communicate while out of the country!

They reported the accident themselves and their insurance covered a very nice repair on the bug!  Cool

Keep the faith!
Scott

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:58am by 69Shark »  
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 1:15am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

it was a weekday when the van was hit Kim is not even sure where and when (could have been the Church Parking lot) or Lowe's or Home Depot (she is so observant!) our Daughter discovered the dent when she was getting in the passenger side of the van when Kim picked her up last (two weeks now) Thursday so, I can not say for certain where and when this happened---more frustration! the point is there is damage and someone drove away after doing the damage so, my "faith in Humanity" is still not ready to give someone the benefit of the doubt. either way a dent removal shop (two) that I went to said Body shop required so it's going to be an insurance claim just going to be tough to say where it happened I know the approximate day and Date so, we'll see what they (State Farm) have to say. Kim says she could care less about the dent but it sure as heck bothers me!
.......................Chris  Smiley

p.s. and yes, Alan and Mike Lunch sounds like a great idea you guys work out the day and time and I'll get there.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2017 at 1:18am by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 2:12am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Yep, women and men view "dents" differently... same 40 years ago and same now... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #9 - May 8th, 2017 at 12:03am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well, I won this round the Pacifica goes in the body shop for repairs tomorrow, the estimate was just under 3K and they had to order a complete new door so, hopefully it gets done and back by week's end at least we'll save a week's worth of driving (16,364 as of today) I figure Kim is on pace for 19500 a year (I average 25875) so we do our part to keep the gas companies happy!
..............Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.