Corvette

Welcome to one of the friendliest Corvette forums on the net.  We are fortunate to have some of the best C3 expertise available.  There are no stupid questions when it comes to C3 Corvettes, so tell us what you need to know because some of our members have 'been there, done that'.  Thank you for your visit, we appreciate it.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Why did I do this! (Read 158 times)
Aug 17th, 2017 at 5:09pm

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Hanford, California

Purchased a 18 foot (?????) speed boat a few weeks ago.....but I don't know why? It's yellow, seats 5, has no screw just a jet, engine is a 460 Ford......and it sits VERY LOW in the water. The wife and I made a run in it and if you can stand the noise, the rough ride, your teeth falling out, and a hard seat, it was a great time Wink Undecided Tongue Shocked🤑🤙🍋🏎📷🎎
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 11:53am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Sounds like a flat bottom lake boat with a jet drive! They can be fun but please remember everyone else on the lake must listen to it also!

Be aware of folks maybe not appreciating the ride!!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 4:08am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Hanford, California

Thanks Scott, looking for some header tips that will drop the sound down.
....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 4:20pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I forget the terms but back in the day there was a way to run wet exhaust.
No clue as to performance impact but having lived on a lake for a good part of my life the wet exhaust was quieter and appreciated by everyone not in the boat!

Not trying to be “that guy” especially with a Harley and side pipes on Sharky.
I’ve ridden many a time in that style of boat. Even up to 75 mph wow what a thrill!

Just remember sound travels extremely well on water!

Ok, off my soapbox and immediately apologetic for bringing it up!

Let’s see some photos!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 7:18am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Never understood why guys with Harley's complain about NOISE???  Shocked Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 8:15am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

LOL! Yeah, I Know . . . .

Scott

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.