Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
LS7 in a 1969 Corvette Convertible (Read 2470 times)
Reply #105 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:47pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

No hurry Scott... long winter ahead. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #106 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 10:00am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

No hurries but we are still moving forward!  Wink
Last night we spun her around in the garage so I can now get to the drivers side!

Ha! My Pachinko machines on the wall! I have a third in the shed. It is from the 50's. I have not started restoration on it. My dad wants it to restore, so when he moves back to Washington it is his!

Final spot for now!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #107 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 7:01am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Friday I was home from work so out to the garage!
the gas pedal wiring had a large plug on it. I was preparing to drill a hole in my firewall large enough for the plu and could not find my stepped drill bits. Glad I did not find them. I sat on a stool and studied the plug! Hey it comes apart! So I simply completely disassembled the plug, slid it through an existing hole in the fire wall, and re assembled it! Nice!

so the gas pedal is in! Looks a little odd but works perfect and does not hit the carpet!
I took photos so folks can see it can be done!

Scott

Before disassembling take a good photo of the wires, colors, and positions!

Here it is all disassembled!

Wires pulled through the firewall!

Start reassembling the plug!

Other side of plug notice the little brass connectors and their orientation!

All wires back in almost back together!

IP Logged

Reply #108 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 7:02am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Well dang.
Sunday was to start my car but she decided no. First thing was power steering fluid all over the floor. Hmm.
Found the loose connector and snugged it up. Checked the one next to it at the rack and pinion and snugged it a bit only to spin the 90 elbow pinching the hose on the frame and pop! Out came the AN6 fitting! Doh.

Next getting the oil primer plug out was impossible for me so I called a neighbor who graciously came over. He brought 8mm Allen wrench socket and extensions. With much effort we finally got the plug out! We primed the oil easy enough!

Now is the time! Video on! Turn the key! Nothing.
Well, there is no ignition at the starter. By then it was dinner time so all efforts stopped for the day.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #109 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 3:34pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Always snags in a project like yours. Looking good though!

IP Logged

Reply #110 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 8:56am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Whew! A hurricane of busy! However Sunday I was able to play with Sharky a bit.
Confirmed no power to the exciter wire. Thus no start. So, in good fashion I simply jumped the wire! YEAH! Oh wait, nothing. Dang it

So, last night I cleaned up all the fluids on the floor and got on my creeper and under the car I went. I unplugged the exciter wire. It is one of GMs weather protected plugs.
It seems that when I plugged it in I bent the pin over! What the heck. Seems a crappy design. I prefer the old bolt and nut version! Either way, I bench tested the starter and it is in fact just fine. So back under the car and reinstall the thing, CONFIRM the plug was still in, hook up main power, etc. Oh man my arms are sore from holding that dang thing.

I very carefully confirmed the computer was NOT keyed up and jumped the starter! AH!
My baby turned over just fine! All I need to do now is find out why I have no 12v at the exciter wire with the key turned on. That is for tonight's entertainment.

I do need to fix a power steering line but other than those two issues I should be able to attempt  a start.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #111 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 6:18pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Your having way too much fun Scott!!!

IP Logged

Reply #112 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 1:04pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Yes sir Jack!
This type of stuff I can find and fix.

I have the steering column lowered so I can access the ignition switch on the back of it. Tonight I should be able to figure out if it is getting power or if maybe the switch is bad. I won't have a lot of time tonight but I do have tomorrow off to play with it!

Scott

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.