Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.   AFTER JOINING AND POSTING 3 TIMES THE ENTIRE FORUM WILL BE AVAILABLE, THIS PROTECTS US AGAINST SPAMMERS
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
LS7 in a 1969 Corvette Convertible (Read 6325 times)
Reply #195 - Oct 25th, 2019 at 4:37pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Hey Scott, whenever your ready send me some 800x640 pixel shots of your favorite pics of all your newer mods up to now and I'll put them in your website that is in your signature.

Alan, Somehow I lost your website I did for you
https://moskovita-photography.com/AlanChambers68vette.htm
when you got the forum from me with:
http://corvettec3.com/
So I'd like to do one for you if you send me your favorite pictures as well. I notice you don't have a signature anymore?
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2019 at 4:44pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #196 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:29am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

My bride was kind enough to get me a cold air intake for my vette! Hopefully I can get it installed over the holidays!

Pictures will come Jack!!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #197 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 2:57am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

You will feel a big difference ( don't ever trade your wife in ..she's a keeper Cool), my 68 has the BB hood that is sealed to the carb & in cooler weather the difference in power is amazing. I've had cool air intakes on my 67 Dodge for ever & the increase in power is really felt.  Have a Merry Christmas
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #198 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 12:35pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Well,
It took a bit of trimming but that was easy enough!
Got the intake installed and it seems to work great! Seat of the pants dyno indicate an increase in power at higher RPM's . . . . . I think . . . . .

I forgot my ipad so I did not get intake air temp readings on the initial run.
I will get them though!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #199 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 3:19am

olddiver   Offline
Global Moderator
1980 Red California Special
Medara, California

Sounds like it was a mod even I could make. 😊....Mark

Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who on the threshold of victory they sat down to rest, and resting they died.
IP Logged

Reply #200 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 8:10am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

That is a Great looking engine!

IP Logged

Reply #201 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:33am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Thanks Jack!
I do like the new air box over the tube and filter on the end. Looks more finished to me.

The next change is I just pulled the trigger on LED headlight conversion. I took her to Eastern Washington late last year and came home in the dark. YIKES! the old yellow headlights will be replaced with a pure white DOT & SAE approved set of LED lights. I prefer the look of the old headlights but the new ones are not bad and should help my getting older eyes! LOL!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #202 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 9:24am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

My new headlights arrived last night!

Cool

IP Logged

Reply #203 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:01am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Last night I was surfing YouTube and stumbled into this video!
It was taken September 2019 at Pacific Raceways near Seattle for the GM Nationals!
It is not my video.

If you skip forward to 4:55 you will see me in my 69 convertible running low 12's!
If you skip to 7:38 you will see my brother in his 68 Firebird in the high 10's!

Nothing particularly unique but it is fun to see my brother and I in the same video clip!
Scott

You Tube link:
GM Nationals

IP Logged

Reply #204 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:06am

68-73   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

That's great times for a 69
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #205 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:11am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

Reply #206 - Feb 3rd, 2020 at 11:10am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Over the last few days I was able to install my new LED headlights, adjust them, then last night I drove around with them!

WOW! what a great upgrade! I still have a bit of fiddling to do with adjustments but  man am I impressed!

Scott

I still have to install these once the headlights are adjusted to my tastes!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.