Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
LS7 in a 1969 Corvette Convertible (Read 304 times)
Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:37am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Good idea and I will do that!
Thanks!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:51am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73-77 wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 7:32am:
It was my pleasure to share, you will truly enjoy the difference I've blown vipers, porches & many exotic cars away. I think we share about the same  power , but your engine is definitely lighter & rev's higher. I do have a 5 spd though. Just be careful for awhile as that much power in a C-3 can be intimidating. Never did take mine to the track especially after I tore the half shaft out with Jack in the car (2nd gear did it), but I suspect it's easily  a 10 second car so I'd only get one run & they'd throw me off the track.
Alan Smiley

I remember that day!  Shocked
For the next year or so, Veda thought you let me drive the blue monster and I was the one who broke it.  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 3:32am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Hey! No updates Scott? Even though I might not be posting much, I'm watching this thread...

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 12:02pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Latest updates going forward are going to seem insignificant as there is no visual changes!LOL!

I have installed the starter. Am waiting for a new pulley for the power steering. The one provided hits the A-Arm.

I started wiring the transmission however could not get my hands in to plug in the harness! Had to drop the cross member again to get to the wiring. The tranny coolant lines should arrive any time now. All new 30 amp Bosch relays arrived two days ago including a set of factory made plugs for a nice fit and wiring up the dual fans on the radiator!

Yesterday my H valve arrived for the heater hoses. The vintage air turns off the water to the heater core to avoid heat in the cockpit however this is not ideal on a SB Chevy. Even the LS motors. It is my preference to instead of turning the flow off simply reroute the water back to the return line to the water pump. That keeps the thermostat happy! Included is a spot for another temp sensor allowing two separate controls for the dual fans should I decide to go that route!

I did a trial fit of the SB hood and so far all fits under that hood nicely! I strongly prefer the BB hood however I might get the SB hood painted to match and put it on once in a while as a sleeper! LOL!

So, yes , there is progress albeit slow at this point. I'm literally working one system at a time so I don't forget anything! Also keeps my mind from feeling overwhelmed by the volume of things I still need!

Lastly I work on her until I get tired or get frustrated! Either scene and I just stop and come back when I feel better! LOL! My guitar is a great break when I need it!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:15am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

You have a very sound mind for that kind of work. I remember the 10 years I built up yellowjacket and many times I had to stop, go do something relaxing for awhile and come back the next day or so and resume what I was doing. One of those times was when I was installing a completely new suspension system from VBP.
http://corvettec3.com/VBPcatalog1a.jpg
(I ended up being featured in VBP catalog too)
Here is the post/threads on that one:
http://corvettec3.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1181489272

I was online with Alan a few times on that project as you will see in the second link. He helped me a lot and many other times too.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:28am by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:24am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Looks like you are doing the conversion in a very logical manner (it's really the only way to do it). Yes Jack I remember when you redid your suspension..I think a spent quite some time on the phone with your friend relaying info.  Still remember telling him to tell you to hit the the ball joints as hard as you can so they'd break apart Grin. It's amazing what someone can accomplish when you put your mind to it. 
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 6:23am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

68-73-77 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:32am:
I had a hose (top) on the 73 this summer & because it's a different setup than stock I couldn't figure out the right hose for the replacement. Finally ordered a 1 1/2" flexible hose 30" & it fits perfect.  Stay away from those metal hose as most don't fit to tight where they connect to the radiator or thermostat.
Alan Smiley

A Dodge van comes to mind but the year, I don't remember...jack

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 2:19pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

What's new Scott?

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Yesterday at 8:03am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Just got back from Long Beach California!

Our son and his lady friend purchased a house there and completely remodeled it!
The interior is so much nicer now! They have created nice open space style home that is very comfortable to be in! Their little patch of back yard includes an orange tree, a grapefruit tree, a lime tree, an avocado tree and a banana tree!

One evening our adult beverages were made from the grapefruit tree! He climbed up, dropped 15 grapefruits which I caught, pressed several for the juice, and mixed up some drinks! WOW! We had a great visit!

Otherwise the chevy has received a second power steering pump which I believe will still not work. I have to trial fit tonight.

Diane and I have been sharing a nasty cold so my vette is in wait. Hopefully this weekend I can get more progress!
Scott

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.