Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
LS7 in a 1969 Corvette Convertible (Read 770 times)
Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 5:28pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Ok,
Time on the Peterson fluids website left my wallet light and hopes up.
I ordered all the LS7 parts. Not the AN stuff yet because i have a good grasp on that.

Well the tank and breather arrived today. The box was huge and my heart sank.
You see I read the dimensions carefully and measured my desired install spot.
Good lord, now what.

I opened the HUGE box and much to my surprise things were double boxed!

Ok, enough crap, I unboxed the tank an breather and they fit perfectly in the hole I had for Them!

Wow! For all the ups and downs, this is a big up for me! The oil tank and breather are the only true unknowns for me left. Now I have them and they seem to fit! Next few days will see me mounting them and getting ready to plumb them! Yeah! One more ( in my mind) hurtle working its way out!

Back to my glass of wine with my bride on the deck! Gas fire pit is nice!
We will fire up the firedisk shortly for a simple stir fry!

Scott
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2018 at 7:08am by 69Shark »  
IP Logged

Reply #31 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:33pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Cool  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:12am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Saturday was a good day to be in the garage.

I purchased stainless steel nuts and bolts as well as washers. Picked up some aluminum for backing plates and headed into the garage.

I managed to get the 2 gallon tank mounted behind the passenger side gills and the breather tank just forward of that.

Given the tank holds 2 gallons of oil I added backing plates to support the extra weight.
I'll be squirting the plates  flat black in the near as they shine nicely and are visible in the front right wheel well. Once black and wheels remounted it should disappear.

I also ordered Koul Tools kit to make my AN lines. Last time I did this without the tools and my fingers bled a lot! LOL! This time I hope the tools willmake the line end assembly easier.

Scott

Here you can see the oil tan and catch can!
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2018 at 10:28am by 69Shark »  
IP Logged

Reply #33 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 6:17pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Wow  Shocked That engine and bay area looks really, really NICE!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #34 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:02am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Looks great
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #35 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:36am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Thanks guys,
Yeah it is getting there. One piece one at a time!
Engine bay is starting to get full though. I have room between the radiator and engine but that is about it! LOL! Filling the engine oil will be a trick as the tank fill is under the fender. Doh! It does not seem bad right now but I'm sure I'll curse myself over the years!

The only thing I do not like is the tank is very visible through the gills. The average guy will not know the difference however a true vette guy will likely notice. We'll see there. IF it gets attention I may pull it and paint it flat black also.

It is almost like I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Cheesy

Scott

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.