Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
LS7 in a 1969 Corvette Convertible (Read 2194 times)
Reply #90 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:05am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Thanks Jack!
Yeah, I think back at all the things I have done to her!

Absolutely crazy what I have learned!

All in the same little garage! LOL!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #91 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 10:04am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

When you break it in put a couple of fans in front of the radiator & keep an eye on the temp & oil pressure. If they get out of range shut it down. It helps to have someone in the drivers seat watching the gauges.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #92 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 2:23pm

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Good thinking!
Thank you!

For now my gauges are going to be an IPAD!

Yep 69 corvette speaking to an ipad!
LOL!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #93 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 7:34am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

This weekend my new proportioning valve and brake line arrived!
I took a while to get all the lines off the old valve one and back on the new one but hey!
I did it! A neighbor came over and caught my wife and I bleeding the brakes. It would seem she left a candle lit on the edge of her bathtub and it eventually caught the tub on fire! It is not an old school tub but a plastic one. She had an extinguisher and put it out. Be careful out there!
Next step was to wire the starter. I ran the wires and put rings on the ends only to find out the keyed purple wire requires a plug at the starter! Dang it. Another week while I wait for one from the interwebs.
I did trace the fuel pump wires and am ready to hook those up tonight. I'll also install a nice ground wire for the electric fans.

With being so close I decided to add some fluids. Yesterday I put 2 gallons of Mobile1 5w30 in the oil tank. No leaks! Well, so far! Then I decided to add coolant. While pouring I could hear it hit the floor. Doh! Now what. It would seem my new radiator has a valve on the drain which was open! So I crawled under, spun the wing nut up and in, cleaned up the mess and tried again! Doh! More coolant on the floor! WTF? I crawled underneath, confirmed the valve was tight and could not find another source of leakage. So for giggles I ran the wing nut out ( anti clockwise ) and by golly it snugged up the other direction! It would seem spinning it in opened the valve all the way! Spinning it out closed the valve! SO I filled the radiator without further issues.

Still need to run hoses for power steering but I'm getting even closer to firing this beast!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #94 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 3:08pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Good for your neighbor!!! Had he not warned you, you may have lost your house...

I never, ever leave a room that has lighted candles as I've heard too many stories similar to yours.

IP Logged

Reply #95 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 8:49am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Last night was short and sweet.
I hooked up the fuel pump wiring including grounding to the block as well as the ground for the fans.

I think I am booked for tonight so I don't expect a change.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #96 - Yesterday at 7:02am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Wow!
What a Saturday. I thought i was going to hook up my power steering. Nope. It would seem my wonderful bride cohorted with one of my brothers. You see, I was a tad depressed about my car. She’s never been down even close to this long. Over a year now. So, about 10 this morning we hear a motor. Omg! What is that . . . My brother came up with his 68 firebird! Yeah, I know. We all love vettes. All my life my bro has had a 68 Firebird. It was alway bada$$. High school to today. This beast is now 750+ hp. Mini tubs and streetable. I’ve never driven such a beast. You open the door, open the roll bar and climb in. He let me drive it but only with the promise I do not get on it. Done! You see, today’s cars have the hp but traction control and other electronics tame the ponies. I was good and did not get on it but i did play some . . . .

either way, I am back in the groove and want my baby rolling!
Today we visited. I asked my bro if he’d drill my hood for the 427 emblems! He said sure! Lol! I showed my template, showed my errors and the problem with the downloaded pattern. So, we spent a lot of today re- drilling my aluminum plate with holes as a template for the 427 on the hood. I must say, he is better than me measuring it out. The online pattern is great but the “4” is tilted . Not much but to much for me. Once the plate was drilled all we had to do Was transfer the pattern to my hood.
Phuck! What a stressful job! We dove in and just did it. Ok, he did it.
enough chat, here is a couple of photos.
Scott
​​​​​​​...

IP Logged

Reply #97 - Yesterday at 12:17pm

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I remember doing that to my BB those templates are a bitch
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #98 - Yesterday at 5:07pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

One NASTY looking hood! Only hood I like better this the '67 hood. I had that on yellowjacket.

IP Logged

Reply #99 - Today at 7:14am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

68-73-77 wrote Yesterday at 12:17pm:
I remember doing that to my BB those templates are a bitch
Alan Smiley

Yeah, well at least now I have a nice aluminum template should I ever have to do that again! LOL! It was pretty funny watching my brothers wife looking over his shoulder and "assisting" him! She is Quality Control at Boeing!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #100 - Today at 7:18am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

yellowjacket wrote Yesterday at 5:07pm:
One NASTY looking hood! Only hood I like better this the '67 hood. I had that on yellowjacket.
[img]

I agree Jack, it is very hard to beat the stinger hood! My bride has made it abundantly clear that the small block hood is a no go on my car. I wanted to get it painted to match just to mess with folks. I guess that hood will stay in my garage! LOL! Everything does fit under it though!

Scott

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.