Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
LS7 in a 1969 Corvette Convertible (Read 3655 times)
Reply #90 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 7:02am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Wow!
What a Saturday. I thought i was going to hook up my power steering. Nope. It would seem my wonderful bride cohorted with one of my brothers. You see, I was a tad depressed about my car. She’s never been down even close to this long. Over a year now. So, about 10 this morning we hear a motor. Omg! What is that . . . My brother came up with his 68 firebird! Yeah, I know. We all love vettes. All my life my bro has had a 68 Firebird. It was alway bada$$. High school to today. This beast is now 750+ hp. Mini tubs and streetable. I’ve never driven such a beast. You open the door, open the roll bar and climb in. He let me drive it but only with the promise I do not get on it. Done! You see, today’s cars have the hp but traction control and other electronics tame the ponies. I was good and did not get on it but i did play some . . . .

either way, I am back in the groove and want my baby rolling!
Today we visited. I asked my bro if he’d drill my hood for the 427 emblems! He said sure! Lol! I showed my template, showed my errors and the problem with the downloaded pattern. So, we spent a lot of today re- drilling my aluminum plate with holes as a template for the 427 on the hood. I must say, he is better than me measuring it out. The online pattern is great but the “4” is tilted . Not much but to much for me. Once the plate was drilled all we had to do Was transfer the pattern to my hood.
Phuck! What a stressful job! We dove in and just did it. Ok, he did it.
enough chat, here is a couple of photos.
Scott
​​​​​​​...

IP Logged

Reply #91 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 12:17pm

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I remember doing that to my BB those templates are a bitch
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #92 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:07pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

One NASTY looking hood! Only hood I like better this the '67 hood. I had that on yellowjacket.

IP Logged

Reply #93 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:14am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

68-73-77 wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 12:17pm:
I remember doing that to my BB those templates are a bitch
Alan Smiley

Yeah, well at least now I have a nice aluminum template should I ever have to do that again! LOL! It was pretty funny watching my brothers wife looking over his shoulder and "assisting" him! She is Quality Control at Boeing!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #94 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:18am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

yellowjacket wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
One NASTY looking hood! Only hood I like better this the '67 hood. I had that on yellowjacket.
[img]

I agree Jack, it is very hard to beat the stinger hood! My bride has made it abundantly clear that the small block hood is a no go on my car. I wanted to get it painted to match just to mess with folks. I guess that hood will stay in my garage! LOL! Everything does fit under it though!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #95 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 7:10am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Since my new starter wire plug arrived, last night I wired up the starter. My brother noted on Saturday I need to run a ground from my block to my frame. I had a ground wire purchased and now with my high pressure power steering hose, it to is missing. Dang it, I probably have a small box if stuff put somewhere because I'll need it later! Doh! Now it is later and I have no idea where these items are.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #96 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 7:11am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Slow weekend on the car again. I ran the main power to the computer.
I hooked up two ground straps from the block to bolts on the frame.
Put 3 of 4 tires on. I left the one next to the power steering off for now. Hopefully my power steering hoses will arrive tomorrow so I can finish that project.

After the steering is hooked up, I'll put the last tire on, set her back on dollies. I can then move her away from the wall and get to the drivers side and install the gas pedal.

OH yeah, I dumped 4 quarts of tranny fluid in as well but until she is running I can not really check the level.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #97 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:10am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Whew!!
What a great Thanksgiving!
We had family over for an early dinner and then my bride and I took off in the travel trailer for the rest of the weekend! We celebrated 27 years together! NICE!

We came home pretty early on Sunday. We buttoned up the trailer and I had a little time!

I previously attempted to install my power steering pump pulley but my tool was not correct for the LS. I guess the threads are different on a 69 pump! LOL!

SO I ran down to a buddies house and borrowed his! The pulley went on exactly as expected and without any issue. I installed the last of the tires.

At this time she is sitting on the car dollies and not on jack stands!
Now I can move her around so I can install the gas pedal! YEAH!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #98 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 6:56am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Last night I re assembled the various parts I had to take off again. I'll need to tuck some wires once the new fuse block is mounted which occurs after the gas pedal is installed.

This weekend we’ll clean the garage floor, move the motorcycles and other vette,
spin my baby around so I can get to the drivers side. That will allow me to install the new electronic gas pedal.
once that is done, hook up ignition to the computer and I think I can crank her over!

even the fan belt is in! Oh so close!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #99 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 9:47pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

No hurry Scott... long winter ahead. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #100 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 10:00am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

No hurries but we are still moving forward!  Wink
Last night we spun her around in the garage so I can now get to the drivers side!

Ha! My Pachinko machines on the wall! I have a third in the shed. It is from the 50's. I have not started restoration on it. My dad wants it to restore, so when he moves back to Washington it is his!

Final spot for now!
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #101 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 7:01am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Friday I was home from work so out to the garage!
the gas pedal wiring had a large plug on it. I was preparing to drill a hole in my firewall large enough for the plu and could not find my stepped drill bits. Glad I did not find them. I sat on a stool and studied the plug! Hey it comes apart! So I simply completely disassembled the plug, slid it through an existing hole in the fire wall, and re assembled it! Nice!

so the gas pedal is in! Looks a little odd but works perfect and does not hit the carpet!
I took photos so folks can see it can be done!

Scott

Before disassembling take a good photo of the wires, colors, and positions!

Here it is all disassembled!

Wires pulled through the firewall!

Start reassembling the plug!

Other side of plug notice the little brass connectors and their orientation!

All wires back in almost back together!

IP Logged

Reply #102 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 7:02am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Well dang.
Sunday was to start my car but she decided no. First thing was power steering fluid all over the floor. Hmm.
Found the loose connector and snugged it up. Checked the one next to it at the rack and pinion and snugged it a bit only to spin the 90 elbow pinching the hose on the frame and pop! Out came the AN6 fitting! Doh.

Next getting the oil primer plug out was impossible for me so I called a neighbor who graciously came over. He brought 8mm Allen wrench socket and extensions. With much effort we finally got the plug out! We primed the oil easy enough!

Now is the time! Video on! Turn the key! Nothing.
Well, there is no ignition at the starter. By then it was dinner time so all efforts stopped for the day.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #103 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 3:34pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Always snags in a project like yours. Looking good though!

IP Logged

Reply #104 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 8:56am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Whew! A hurricane of busy! However Sunday I was able to play with Sharky a bit.
Confirmed no power to the exciter wire. Thus no start. So, in good fashion I simply jumped the wire! YEAH! Oh wait, nothing. Dang it

So, last night I cleaned up all the fluids on the floor and got on my creeper and under the car I went. I unplugged the exciter wire. It is one of GMs weather protected plugs.
It seems that when I plugged it in I bent the pin over! What the heck. Seems a crappy design. I prefer the old bolt and nut version! Either way, I bench tested the starter and it is in fact just fine. So back under the car and reinstall the thing, CONFIRM the plug was still in, hook up main power, etc. Oh man my arms are sore from holding that dang thing.

I very carefully confirmed the computer was NOT keyed up and jumped the starter! AH!
My baby turned over just fine! All I need to do now is find out why I have no 12v at the exciter wire with the key turned on. That is for tonight's entertainment.

I do need to fix a power steering line but other than those two issues I should be able to attempt  a start.

Scott

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.