Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

and,...............the hits just keep on coming!!! (Read 160 times)
Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:54pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

my 18 year old son , Ethan had a minor accident with my Impala as he hit a patch of black ice and skidded head first into a curb, I was in the passenger seat and made sure he was okay and he backed the car out and we continued to his destination. when we got there I got out to look the fog light had popped out and the bumper was cracked as well as the inner fender skirt and lower air dam, all in all it didn't look too bad, until.......I took it in for inspection it passed emission but failed safety because the subframe is cracked and dented it's in the body shop now 1450.00 in damage then our tenant called and said the townhouse had no heat, dispatched a repairman who determined the heat pump was shot, 5700 tomorrow and both outside compressor and inside air handling units will be replaced this is the third time for these turds in 23 years of owning the home.... averaging 7-8 years before they fry, finally Kim smelled gas in her basement office at home, again called the gas company they dispatched a tech who found several leaks at joints and one major at the meter where the line goes into the house so, they dig and found a rotted pipe--gas is shut off yesterday a plumber came out and inspected the gas piping he found several sections that need replacement (house is almost 50 years old) so tomorrow 2800 will get all the piping replaced and the gas turned back on, so, there's a 9,900.00 hit to our budget---goodbye to my Corvette fund and the car for a few more years now,..........someday! but hey, Happy New Year!!!  Embarrassed Undecided Sad Smiley

..........Chris  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:56am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Aww bummer Chris.  Cry
If anyone deserves a Corvette it's you.
I wish I was rich, I'd buy you one.
WAIT!!! I don't have one yet either. Cheesy
Hopefully that will change after we sell our house and get settled into wherever we're gonna be.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:47am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck Chris...to bad you don't live closer I have a good friend that has installed heating & air units for me over the years & he's honest &,dependable & reasonable plus a all around great guy. I think all young people should start out driving tanks Huh I don't even want to think about all the crashes & damages my 2 did....mostly not there fault. Even had a few mexicans destroy some of my cars ...no insurance is normal. I finally got smart & demanding there cars be towed & I owned them for the damages then all of a sudden insurtance paper were produced & they learned english in a few minutes Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:07am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Sorry to hear that Chris.
Glad you found the gas issue prior to it getting worse!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:52pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

68-73-77 wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:47am:
Sorry to hear about all the bad luck Chris...to bad you don't live closer I have a good friend that has installed heating & air units for me over the years & he's honest &,dependable & reasonable plus a all around great guy. I think all young people should start out driving tanks Huh I don't even want to think about all the crashes & damages my 2 did....mostly not there fault. Even had a few mexicans destroy some of my cars ...no insurance is normal. I finally got smart & demanding there cars be towed & I owned them for the damages then all of a sudden insurtance paper were produced & they learned english in a few minutes Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley
I was there visiting when your daughter had an accident and you had to leave. If I recall, that one wasn't her fault.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:02am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

That is correct a 16 yr old immigrant brod sided her & spun her 360 degrees & tried to blame her..didn't work the cop nailed her & her creepy little father who tried to come to her rescue.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.