Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

in like a Lion??? (Read 207 times)
Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:49pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

March 7, 2018 we (east coast) got hit with yet another Nor-easter this one was pretty intense with the amount of snow it brought to the region (at least the greater Philadelphia region) we got 9 inches some areas saw over a foot as it was snowing at a clip of 2"/hour it was a fairly fast moving storm given the size of it and the 2nd Nor-easter to hit within a week. some of the highest snow storms we get seem to come in March/April for some reason, before the latest round of weather temps were in the mid 40's-50's with a couple days of mid 60's thrown in--looked like maybe an early spring, and, there is another forecasted storm for Sunday into Monday next week. what I find curious is why after years of standing some trees just snap branches or fall over entirely the previous storm had higher winds the one yesterday had heavy wet snow--and lots of it! we lost power in both storms and all our cables/wiring are underground.
                    Chris   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 6:38am

68-73-77   Online
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

We got at least 6" & it was one of the heaviest snows I've seen in along time, but was mostly gone from the roads the next day.  Glad I have a big snowblower...the little ones just didn't work Embarrassed
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 5:32pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

...and I missed it! I was in the warm sunny Philippines all that time. LOL

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 7:27am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Yikes!
I like the Seattle area!

It snows and immediately goes away!
Rarely to it stay for more than a few days!!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:57pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

I know when the Philadelphia area "braces" for these winter storms the people up in Mass, VT. ME NH are laughing their butts off!! we vacationed one year in Stowe (Vermont) it snowed 18" overnight by the end of breakfast all the roads were cleared and all the resorts were accessible, they know how to move the stuff up there--unlike this region where 3" will cripple us for days!!
.......Chris  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:09am

68-73-77   Online
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Well it's back calling for 6-12" along with ice & thunder snow. Good business for body shops Shocked
Worse place to be today is grocery stores Roll Eyes
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:46am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Yikes! No thanks!

Chilly in the mornings here but I've been riding the Harley!
Going home it is nice!

Later this week it will turn to rain though.
Scott

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 2:37pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Yup, outside doing yard work as it's so nice here, sunny at 65 degrees.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 7:47am

annmike   Offline
Global Moderator
A man and his toy's are
a wonderfull thing

Damm, we best get all Chickens, Cows and bread factories on OT..... Such Hype. The public does not realize that a weather guru talks more local than about other areas that the station covers. I wake up and need to know two things.... I am alive and what kind of coat to wear to work.
I love when they get it wrong and get to keep their job, maybe they need Donnie as their boss. He would fire all....
Mike

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.