Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

NCRS (Read 358 times)
Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:10pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

The NCRS certainly has an important function and place in the Corvette hobby and the information available is invaluable, and, even they say "a Corvette is only new once in it's life" now,that being said, more and more I'm liking what I see in the old body with new technologies being implemented, be it an early C-2 that converts to 4 wheel disc brakes or a C-3 with a LS-7 engine swap (see Scott's 69Shark LS-7 project IN THE DETAILED PROJECTS SECTION)I mean to truly drive and enjoy these cars why not?? why not take advantage of ALL the upgrades available. technology has certainly come a long, long way so if you're one to enjoy and drive your Classic Corvette why not make it the most economical, powerful, best handling car you can?? let's just rework those letters a bit NCRS=Not Correctly Restored Stingray!!!!
...........Chris  Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:11pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 2:19am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Looks like the new vetts Z06 are having some big problems with overheating. I would be pissed off if I spent over 100K & couldn't use the car to it's potential. Think I'll just stick to my reliable &  fun c-3's Cool
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 11:34am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Hey, I like that Chris!
NCRS=Not Correctly Restored Stingray

Guess I'm in that group!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 9:18pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well, I think it's great what people are doing to enhance the drive ability of these old cars and I am a staunch NCRS (the original acronym) in that when I shopped for the Yellow 1977 the car Alan currently owns I was looking for bone stock in as original condition as possible I was absolutely amazed that VIN 0242 was in such great and original shape when I bought it back in 2004,it had 4 previous owners and they all liked the car enough to keep it in it's original condition. in doing my research I discovered the original owner had installed a power antenna and also had the fenders updated to include the cross flag emblems, other than that, the car was as she rolled off the line in St. Louis in August of 1976!! it would be cool if I could swing a deal with Alan in  the next few years and buy it back!
................Chris  Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2018 at 9:20pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 10:07am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

I hear you! straight bone stock is cool, however I really like drivability!

Smiley

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:03am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Ever since I rebuilt the 77 frt end it drives like new, starts like it has FI. I've had it for sale on ebay for the last few weeks ..had an offer of 14K, but that's to low for a car like this. I'm patient so we might yet make a deal Chris. This car would be pretty easy to make stock again & I do have the OEM exhaust thanks to Binnie that will go with it along with the OEM seats.
Alan Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2018 at 11:04am by 68-73-77 »  
IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.