Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

2017 Chrysler Pacifica (Read 249 times)
Apr 11th, 2018 at 9:56pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

we have had this Mini Van for 1 year and a half now, Chrysler "invented" the mini-van segement and this was supposed to be a re-invention of that segment, there seem to be a lot of these on the road and I'm told as far as "family" cars go, it is FCA's best seller, we have a touring L model-not too fancy but certainly not "Bare boned" we both like a lot of the features and especially LOVE the "stow-n-go" seating that feature almost makes buying the van a no brainer, what doesn't? well, for starters the German engineered ZF-9 speed transmission. every publication we read (before buying) said the trans had "issues" in other Chrysler models but in the new Pacifica they seemed to eb ironed out. well, when we back out of our driveway and rotate the dial from reverse to drive mode there sometimes is a "lull" or hesitation where if you try to accelerate the RPM's actually rise (like it's in neutral) been back to the dealer for several warranty issues and 1 recall and each time we mentioned our dissatisfaction with the Transmission only to be told  "it's normal" or "we could not duplicate" or we "reprogrammed the control module" or "we did a flash software update" and we still have the issue. seems to me, someone (after the 2nd complaint) would elevate this to Chrysler corporate for guidance but no, I think they are trying to placate us until it's out of warranty. other than the less than stellar reliability and these transmission problems we like the  Van a lot.
...............Chris  Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:22am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Chris
My daughter and son inlaw bought a 2017 a few months back. I couldn't wrap my head around that dial shifter. And I don't understand the need for a nine speed transmission. The other thing I didn't like is the van shuts down at stop sign and traffic lights to "save fuel". Other than that I like the van.
Chris if I were you I would camp out at the dealer until they satisfy you. They are stalling you till the warranty expires. These are not cheap cars anymore....jack

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2018 at 12:26am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well, I contacted Chrysler Corporate and they opened a "file" with a "Case Number" and when Kim returns from her excursion next weekend (she's leaving this Friday) I will set an appointment up and take this thing in, Jack you're so right these are not inexpensive cars anymore, we don't have the "start-stop" feature on our van (that's the next trim level up from ours) we do however have an "early build" =April of 2016, we purchased it in August of 2016, I know the risks associated with buying a first model year run but, every automotive publication we read said this was absolutely "real world tested" and that the ZF-9 speed Transmission was "one of the van's best features" so, we'll see what happens next when it goes in--at least someone at Chrysler is aware now and are going to stay "in touch" the selling dealer??? well, I'll give them one more try with Chrysler looking over their shoulder to get this fixed once and for all because we have at least 5 receipts from the dealer annotating the transmission complaints and their "remedies"
..........Chris  Tongue Angry Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2018 at 8:17pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

got a phone call today from Chrysler Corporate after I scheduled the appointment to have this thing looked at, they told me I was "elevated into enhanced customer care" whatever that means, oh well, at least they're paying attention!
............Chris   Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2018 at 4:25am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

I think that means you get the professional BSers
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 31st, 2018 at 9:20pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

got the van serviced today and they did yet another control module flash update but......there is a noticeable difference driving home so maybe, just maybe.....now, I'm hearing rumors of Chrysler being axed by Fiat as they only produce 2 cars the 300 sedan and the Pacifica Mini-van, if they have the transmission issue worked out I won't care we'll keep it because there are a lot of nice features about it.
                      Chris  Smiley Smiley 
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2018 at 9:21pm by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 6:32am

Artsvettes   Offline
Global Moderator
New Jersey

Chris
I read the other day On the Detroit News Auto Insider that there will be a recall on the Pacifica and several other Dodge vehicles over a cruise control issue...jack

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 9:02pm

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

2 days after the "flash" update of the Transmission control module (8th time) the same problems returned, hard shift at low speeds, surging (searching for a gear) at moderate speed 35-45 mph and the 1-2 second delay when switching from reverse into drive, I called the service writer and got blown off completely so I then called the number FCA gave me for "enhanced customer care" and got a fax machine tone--I then filled out the PA lemon law form on line 10 minutes after I submitted an attorney called we spoke for about 5 minutes he asked about 5-7 questions and said we have a case--so we are pursuing that option, we like the van a lot but we can not keep taking it to the shop and having them not fix these issues, I hate doing this (lemon law) but after their attitude, they leave us little choice. hoping for a positive outcome
..................Chris Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 4:15am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

I would call local TV stations they are always looking for some business to burn. Let the dealership know in advance especially the owner. If he won't talk to you send him a note in the mail...bet you'll get a response Roll Eyes Never deal with the indians in any business always go to the top..no legitimate business owner wants stuff like this happening. I have taken a hit in the pocket book a few times to keep people satisfied.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:03am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Yikes.
Sorry to hear of the issues.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:21am

ve77er   Offline
Global Moderator
Holland PA

well, I would have called the owner like Alan suggested but we now have a lawyer and are "represented" when Chrysler called I had to inform them to speak to the law firm as I can no longer discuss any matters relating to the Pacifica with them Smiley they had every opportunity to fix the issues even had the van sit in their (Reedman's) lot for 24 days waiting for a part one time, 8 times?? after the 2nd time and their "flash update" didn't work it should have been elevated up the corporate chain instead of the service department yanking our chain! the thing is they got it to repeat only once (where they put that on the repair invoice) the last time I was told (before the update) they got it to repeat but that was NOT noted on the repair invoice (can you say CYA??) I'm not sure how this will turn out other than this temperamental transmission we like this van a lot! the "stow-n-go" seats are a great design it's the 1st mini-van of the 5 previous ones where you can actually get a 4x8 sheet of paneling, drywall, plywood in and still drive with the rear hatch closed, it's too bad we're experiencing a typical Chrysler Transmission problem. always one of the reasons I stayed away from Dodge/Chrysler
                Chris  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:31am by ve77er »  
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:33am

68-73-77   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Newark,Delaware

My experience has been when lawyers get involved they are the only ones that win, but sometimes you have no choice. I would still go to the TV stations ...maybe the lawyer will do it ..they love free publicity.
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:04am

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Sic 'em Chris... I recall four years ago I had transmission problems with the one year old Chrysler 200 we had. It was still under the warranty and they replaced the tranny. Didn't have a hassle with them, but that was out NW. Having a new car with tranny problems spooked me and I ended up selling it and getting that 77 that turned out to be a bigger mistake yet... win some lose some. I hope I have better luck with the 40th anniversary Corvette I hope to get in the next year or so...

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.