Corvette

WELCOME TO CORVETTEC3.COM WHICH STARTED IN 2002 WHICH MAKES IT ONE OF THE OLDEST CORVETTE FORUMS ON THE INTERNET.   WE WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS ESPECIALLY CORVETTES.  WE ALSO WELCOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS LONG AS YOU ARE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS. 
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

C5 in my driveway! (Read 117 times)
Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:20am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ATTITUDE is the diff between
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Ha! Got your attention didn't I!

My father currently lives in Florida but will be relocating to Washington State this year! In preparation for the move he mailed his C5 to my house!

Yesterday we met with the shipping company and took delivery of the 2002 Convertible.
She basically looks just like the  2003 anniversary addition with the darker red paint  and tan interior.

Sadly she has sat in the weather and is a little rough around the edges cosmetically.
Mechanically she has just over 21K miles and seems very solid. Brakes were a bit sticky last night bringing her home but quickly became normal with a few short stops.

Tonight she will get a good washing and if time permits, we'll claybar her.

At that point we will look to see if she needs rubbed out, just a good polish or maybe even just a simple glaze. Hard to tell at the moment as she was shipped uncovered and is dirty.

She is a pretty car in need of a little love! We'll cover that part! LOL!
Dad will get her back in better condition than she arrived in!

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 1:00pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

Wonderful your Dad will be near you now! You can go to cruise ins & sailing together.

Florida has to contend with rust issues don't they.

If your Dad is a Republican, he is going to be in for a BIG shock in this state!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:03am

68-73-77   Online
YaBB Administrator
NCRS Member 68,73,77 Corvettes
Newark,Delaware

Glad to here your father is moving closer...you will never forget  the special times you have to look forward too. The C-5 is a great driver car..post some pic's when it's all cleaned up Cool
Alan Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:54am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

Thanks guys,
my father spent many years in Washington! Even was heavy into politics! There will be no surprises there! LOL!

Yeah it will be nice to have him back here again. I'm sure we'll get the vettes together! OH wait, they are now! Doh!

He will be looking for property near Sequim.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:54pm

yellowjacket   Offline
Global Moderator
Tacoma, WA

69Shark wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:54am:
Thanks guys,
my father spent many years in Washington! Even was heavy into politics! There will be no surprises there! LOL!

He will be looking for property near Sequim.

Scott

Sequim is a great area for retirement. Aren't you considering retiring there yourself in the future?

We're considering Sequim or the Philippines in five years or so too as we have relatives there already. Iryn wants to stay at her bank job for a while longer. Might not do Philippines like planned originally as China is pretty much building military bases around Islands around there. We'll see.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:56pm by yellowjacket »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:35am

69Shark   Offline
YaBB Administrator
ORDEAL and ADVENTURE!
69shark

We are looking over on the peninsula. We still have years to go also though.
I like to plan ahead and shop long before hand though. I would not move any where near China as things are going to difficult for them and they will react.

As far as the C5, I gave it a good wash yesterday and polished one of the head light covers.

Looks like the paint may not be losing the clear coat yet. We'll see.
I'm hoping it comes out as clean as the headlight cover did. If so I'll buy a C5 car cover and try and keep it nice while at my house.I scrubbed the soft top and it came noticeably cleaner but still has a ways to go. It will need replacing but it might as well look as good as it can while I have it.

Drove it today! It sure drives nice! She tossed a check engine light though so I will check it tonight when I get home.

Scott

IP Logged

Copy Rights and Trademarks Disclaimer: The Corvette name is a copyrighted trademark / sales mark of the Chevrolet Motors Division of General Motors. Any use of the Corvette name at this site is used only as a point of reference to their automobiles or automotive products line of the same name. No copyright / trademark / sales mark infringements are intended or implied. This web site is independently operated as a free informational service for the benefit of Corvette Owners and other interested parties. Neither the Chevrolet Motor Division nor any other segment of General Motors or its affiliates or subsidiaries shall bear any responsibility whatsoever for its content.

CorvetteC3.com Privacy Policy: Some or all of our partners, affiliates, advertisers and other associates may collect, serve and/or use computer cookies to enhance user experiences. Cookies are generally not considered "problematic" or harmful. However, please be advised that "cookies and IP related information" are being collected, tracked and used while visiting and using our website. By using and visiting www.corvettec3.com, you agree to be bound by the terms contained herein. Clearing Web Browser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.